Lights out!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the critters that come out at night. Got to see a rare sighting of my horseshoe crab! Havnt seen her in months cause shes always in the sand. But I gave her a treat tonight! Shes so big now. Shes a year and a half old now (from when I got her).

IMG_5269.jpeg IMG_5268.jpeg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a good picture of her for size comparison! She was the size of a quarter when I got her. I saved her first and second molt. As far as hitchhikers go she is pretty cool!

IMG_5270.jpeg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I had no idea they looked closely like a stingray. I would love to learn and know more about her. What do they eat? So cool.
So I really dont feed her specifically since she rarely comes out like that when I see her. I think shes getting ready to molt, she usually runs around the sand like a lunatic before molting and then going back under the sand. When I see her I will put a piece of meaty food (same as I feed my predator fish) and she will eat that. I really dont have any worms in this tank so that makes me think she is eating whatever is in the sand. Shes extremely hardy. The only living thing in my tank that survived the electrical crash I had about 10 months ago. I know shes female because males will have a “boxer glove” looking pair of legs in the front where as females dont. I see a lot of people saying how awful they do in the tank and that they have a high mortality rate which I dont see with her. She just does her own thing, keeps my sand nice and clean and comes out when she wants to! Very cool crab for sure

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back