Lineatus and mccoskers wrasse, bare bottom tank, what other wrasse can i have?

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for one more wrasse to virtually finish my fish stocking, its a bare bottom tank with a lineatus and a mccoskers wrasse, what other wrasse would be a safe addition to the tank? Its a very peaceful tank at the moment so don't want to add anything to disrupt the harmony.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shows what cirrhilabrus can be mixed with your lineatus so you can see what you like

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First time reading the chart (which is great) but Lineatus and Rhomboid are in the same complex but different subgroup, so this chart would say they are not compatible unless you have a larger tank (>200g). Quoting the text:

Two species within the same sub-group should never be mixed. If the tank is very large (over 200 gallons), it may be possible to mix two species with the same complex but within different sub-groups.

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am torn between a Solon and a Claires Wrasse, if ive read the chart right I believe they are both compatible with a lineatus and mccoskers, please correct me if I am wrong, also if I cant decide, would it be possible to add both to the tank? its a reefer 425xl.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Claires fairy wrasses are very rare and expensive idk what your budget is so maybe you can afford it, though that mix would seem fine.
From what ive read solons can be a bit agressive.
When mixing wrasses its advised to add them to an acclamation box within the tank for a week or so so the agression can die down without any conflict, as the wrasses can see each other but not fight

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is agression between the established wrasses and the new ones i mean, there may still be agression but it should be lowered, making it easier to have success mixing

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am torn between a Solon and a Claires Wrasse, if ive read the chart right I believe they are both compatible with a lineatus and mccoskers, please correct me if I am wrong, also if I cant decide, would it be possible to add both to the tank? its a reefer 425xl.
From the chart, the Salon and Claire's are both recommended for 90g minimum (the 'D' category on the chart0), so your size (88g?) would be pushing it (since that 88g probably includes sump volume). There's probably rockscape/open space factors as well, but I personally wouldn't recommend adding both.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back