*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

NorthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all,

As I plan my build I am considering incorporating a DIY 5G refugium under cabinet for my 20G Nano. Does anyone have thoughts on the sequence of filtration? Should I be overly concerned with this? For example, could I run my refugium after it transfers through my sump and protein skimmer? Or should I plumb it to run before? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NR

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be cool to meet all of the R@R team members and see their tanks.

Well, although it's not a video series, in the meantime you can get a feel for the team here:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now what......AKA i am at a place that i cant do anything more then watch coral/fish grow and im bored.
I cant go bigger i a out of room. I have got all the cool gear (which is why i am doing so well, obviously), I don't have room for another one. and my tank has been stable and happy now for say 4-6m. Now what?

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step one.

Fly to up to my shop.

Step two.

We build a R2R themed systems that is out of this world with sponsors :p

Step three.

You video the whole thing start to finish.

Step four.

We give it away...

You know this would be awesome.....

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see something highlighting gadgets and new products. Things we haven’t perhaps seen before.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something about various fish species and their benefits and interactions would be cool. There are a lot of equipment/setup/husbandry type videos but not so many about selecting compatible fish.

Jaylean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​
I’d love to see more videos geared toward the newbie. Yes, tank visits are awesome, but let’s show them how to get to that level.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is like to see some setup tips for organizing a sump and keeping things near and easy to maintain

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd enjoy a deep dive or highlights of some of the longest and more informational threads on the site. It would be great for the active member to reminisce and new members to catch up and contribute. In the end it might resurrect some old threads or topics. Recapping a thread that has 4-5 years off contributions is a trove of knowledge you could sum up in 10-20 min.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see videos of different people experience with either intentional or unintentional breeding in their aquarium whether that be fish, anemones, corals etc. and also whether they be good experiences or bad ones.

I’ve heard of a guy once that had some angelfish that nobody else had bred but for some reason it liked to breed in his tank, which I find interesting.

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some coral spot light videos. Where you show a type of coral, talk about it, placement, parameters, par, care, back history, and such.

Could really be a treasure trove of info for all of the members.

I prefer the info videos over the show off ones.
This! All of this!

raduchief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a beginner in the hobby the options for equipment are staggering. I would love to see a series on equipment that is for beginners that is budget based. Also, I am getting into the hobby as I am fascinated with how to culture corals. ..maybe a series from soup to nuts for setting up and culturing corals

Angel2332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A series or episode about how to identify and treat, coral diseases and infections would be helpful. I have yet to find out what is this yellow tissue growing from my frag plug on to my hammer coral.

Gracefulsails

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some coral spot light videos. Where you show a type of coral, talk about it, placement, parameters, par, care, back history, and such.

Could really be a treasure trove of info for all of the members.

I prefer the info videos over the show off ones.
I couldn't agree more. As someone just getting into the hobby I would love to see more videos on not just coral but what makes a nice reef tank, what can be kept together, what maybe able to be kept together and inventive ways to keep things together that normally can't be kept together through some sort of mechanical design aspects that allow it safely... if possible.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back