Looking for Bulk Filter Roll

Ricky Vargas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filter pad tray on my 400 gallon system that currently has poly-fil but I am looking for something bulk since I go through a lot and it gets expensive.. I see a lot of big 50ft polyester quilt batting rolls on amazon, but It is hard to tell which ones are safe for aquariums since most of them have no mention of being fire retardant or having other chemicals. Same with coolant filter paper. I'm looking for anything between 50 - 200 microns. Does anyone have a link for a big filter roll that they use that has been safe.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filter pad tray on my 400 gallon system that currently has poly-fil but I am looking for something bulk since I go through a lot and it gets expensive.. I see a lot of big 50ft polyester quilt batting rolls on amazon, but It is hard to tell which ones are safe for aquariums since most of them have no mention of being fire retardant or having other chemicals. Same with coolant filter paper. I'm looking for anything between 50 - 200 microns. Does anyone have a link for a big filter roll that they use that has been safe.
I use this giant Roll from National Air Filters 90' x 48" the entire roll cost just over $125.00 it will last forever. It's called P100 air filter material. The roll was so large, I had to leave it and go back the next day in my truck, no way it was fitting in my Jaguar XKR.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 24

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back