Looking for opinions on innovative marine 170-200 ext tanks?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230111_220443.jpg
Which T5 retro fixture is that? Beautiful setup!

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with IM200EXT is one of my worst mightmare.

First Issue:
Additional IM Logo (upside down) on side of the tank. Black ink is circled by IM, didnt findout until side black vinyl removed.
IM did agree to replace the tank. But it has setup and running. (not worth it)
20230205_161713.jpg

Second Issue:
After 6 months of running, Bubbles is starting to forming on the silicone seam. Contacted IM Customer Service since 6/25/2023, 6/30/23 and 7/12/23, NO RESPONSE.
If the business made it too personal when it comes to warranties and problems, then its not for me.
I would suggest Waterbox over IM anyday.
20230315_145529.jpg
yikes. mine is getting wet wed. let me know how this turns out

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several IM tanks - a 20 drop off aio, a 5 frag tank that I converted into a planted betta tank that's low and shallow, and my 100 INT peninsula.

My drop off arrived with a shattered side - IM replaced it immediately and it's been running strong since 2019, customer service for me was a breeze to deal with. I will say I swapped out the mighty jet and got the random flow generator for it. The flow on it is awkward, and I had to add a powerhead in the lower section of the drop off to get detritus. The 5 has been up a little longer than the 20, and zero issues with it, though it's just on a sponge filter with an ATO, with a passive co2 system, so it doesn't have a lot going on to go wrong.

My 100 has only been up since Janurary, and that sucker is heavy. I had no issues with shipping other than the freight guy getting impatient about me inspecting it prior to signing the paperwork for it. Per policy you have to inspect it prior to signing off on it - be sure to read up on the policy. Seams are all super clean, and the self leveling mat works pretty well plus it came with a mesh lid. The plumbing was a little awkwardly set up for my Trigger sump, but other than that, the bulkheads are pretty well fitted. It took four of us with suction cup handles to get it up on the stand.

odstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several IM tanks - a 20 drop off aio, a 5 frag tank that I converted into a planted betta tank that's low and shallow, and my 100 INT peninsula.

My drop off arrived with a shattered side - IM replaced it immediately and it's been running strong since 2019, customer service for me was a breeze to deal with. I will say I swapped out the mighty jet and got the random flow generator for it. The flow on it is awkward, and I had to add a powerhead in the lower section of the drop off to get detritus. The 5 has been up a little longer than the 20, and zero issues with it, though it's just on a sponge filter with an ATO, with a passive co2 system, so it doesn't have a lot going on to go wrong.

My 100 has only been up since Janurary, and that sucker is heavy. I had no issues with shipping other than the freight guy getting impatient about me inspecting it prior to signing the paperwork for it. Per policy you have to inspect it prior to signing off on it - be sure to read up on the policy. Seams are all super clean, and the self leveling mat works pretty well plus it came with a mesh lid. The plumbing was a little awkwardly set up for my Trigger sump, but other than that, the bulkheads are pretty well fitted. It took four of us with suction cup handles to get it up on the stand.
What suction cups did you use?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What suction cups did you use?
Not the original poster but if you want some quality grips, woods powr grips are great. Otherwise harbor freight cheap suctions will do the trick for a quick job like a tank move. Alternatively, if you know any glass guys around they always have these in the shop whether car or commercial glass businesses you may be able to loan off them.

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone still happy with their tanks? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the IM 200 EXT peninsula. It's just such a good deal compared to EVERYONE else it has me thinking this is too good to be true.

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone still happy with their tanks? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the IM 200 EXT peninsula. It's just such a good deal compared to EVERYONE else it has me thinking this is too good to be true.
Nope. They ignored my email/call when im hitting closed to end warranty.

20230315_145527.jpg

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. They ignored my email/call when im hitting closed to end warranty.

20230315_145527.jpg

On man I'm so sorry. When did this show up? Is it spreading? Might be time to get plan B going. I thought about this happening, the warranty is kind of useless. Who the heck is carrying the tank out of my basement?! I needed 6 movers to get it down there lol. I hope you get it squared away. Keep us updated.

Not to undermine the post above. I'm loving my new 200 ext right now assuming it don't spring a leak :). It's only been 5 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 66

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 170 is holding up well for now. Previously my 75 from them also held up great but that’s a lot less volume.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On man I'm so sorry. When did this show up? Is it spreading? Might be time to get plan B going. I thought about this happening, the warranty is kind of useless. Who the heck is carrying the tank out of my basement?! I needed 6 movers to get it down there lol. I hope you get it squared away. Keep us updated.

Not to undermine the post above. I'm loving my new 200 ext right now assuming it don't spring a leak :). It's only been 5 weeks.
Man, are you kidding? Come fly out to WI to do my rock work up like that. Nice job! Tank looks great.

Edit: which model jebao gyre did you go with? I’ve been wanting to add one.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 170 ext. They look real nice. No water yet though. Fit and finish is excellent, imo.
20240125_154210.jpg

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, are you kidding? Come fly out to WI to do my rock work up like that. Nice job! Tank looks great.

Edit: which model jebao gyre did you go with? I’ve been wanting to add one.

That’s an scp 180. Honestly 2 of these is more than enough flow for the whole tank. I can only run it 30% with 2xmp40s and 1 mp60.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had an IM EXT 200 for 6 months. I love it as much as the day I set it up. Great tank in every way. No issues. Sump has been great as well. I will be posting an update this weekend.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back