Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Digital Aquatics has discontinued their ReefKeeper line and with it the Website and the download link for MyReef 2.0

Did you recently acquire a used ReefKeeper and need to download MyReef 2.0?
Don't worry I've got you covered!
Follow THIS LINK here to my Google Drive where I saved the download.
I would also like to turn this into a support thread being that DA is no longer offering support. So I'm hoping that along with myself, other users can help out and offer support to users in need of it.
Happy Reefing :D
Great idea @Crabs Mcjones ... nice catch !!!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's is my problem I never seen one
and donot know how to open it
yikes
There are several programs for unzipping files. You may have one already on your computer. If not they can be downloaded. Zipping files is common nowdays.

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent! Quick question. I want to turn off re-circulation pump and skimmer from 9:00-9:30 and then the skimmer to cut back on 30 minutes after that. For some reason, when I make the timer and set delay on skimmer, it all basically does the opposite. Don't know if this has to do with the normally on or normally off setting.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you go into controller and have it set to run from 9:30 pm to 9PM and then set the skimmer as a controller as well and have it run from 10PM to 9PM

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's is my problem I never seen one
and donot know how to open it
yikes
Ok, I checked on my Surface. Window exployer opens the myReef zip file. There is a file inside called setup.msi that is the install program. You can use extract all to extract this file. I am not sure if it will run without extracting I did not try since it will not run on my surface anyway.

Excellent! Quick question. I want to turn off re-circulation pump and skimmer from 9:00-9:30 and then the skimmer to cut back on 30 minutes after that. For some reason, when I make the timer and set delay on skimmer, it all basically does the opposite. Don't know if this has to do with the normally on or normally off setting.
If I remember correctly on the RKE/RKL the delay only works coming out of a standby. You can create two different timer on for the re-circulation pump and one for the skimmer.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you go into controller and have it set to run from 9:30 pm to 9PM and then set the skimmer as a controller as well and have it run from 10PM to 9PM
Use multi-timer function and set the timers for the time you want it on instead of off. I remember there being a limit on the amount of on time but you can use 2 timers on the RKL and 4 on the RKE. This should get you to run for all the time you want them on.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome that's for providing that link. I was worried that if my PC crashes I would lose My Reef 2.0. I also want a lap top just for my aquarium needs and will need My Reef on it. I was going to try loading My Reef into a disc for future needs as well. Sad to see DA close down shop, I have always preferred the Reefkeeper controllers over others.

Jon Snow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for hosting the file.

Do you know if any RJ12 to USB will work for programming. I just got a RKL Plus used with no Sid V2 and I’m having some trouble reprogramming.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for hosting the file.

Do you know if any RJ12 to sub will work for programming. I just got a RKL Plus used with no Sid V2 and I’m having some trouble reprogramming.
To my knowledge it has to be the specific cable to communicate with the software.

Jon Snow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got Ya.
Well I’ll post a WTB thread I guess. I’ve googled and can’t seem to find any in the online shops or eBay. Thank you again.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the link. I saw that DA was out of business and I figured I'd better download a backup copy of MyReef. Wen't to DA's site only to find it down. Thanks again for the link.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to backup you digital aquatics folder on your computer in the documents folder. This is where the firmware revisions are stored once they are downloaded from the DA server. Since that server is no longer operating you may want a backup copy of them also.

Jon Snow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar question about the same topic I hope this doesn’t count as high jacking .

If you put a two heaters on a RKL Plus how do you program the second to only come on if the first one fails?

I was going to have the main heater programmed to cut off at 77F and I was hoping to have the second one only come on and hold at 75F in case the first one fails.

1st is that poor logic or temps?
and 2nd do I set the back up heater set point to 75F and the default to off?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@n2585722
Are you aware of any issue with the head units on the rkl keeping time? Mine seems to run fast. If you watch it every so often itll skip a second.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@n2585722
Are you aware of any issue with the head units on the rkl keeping time? Mine seems to run fast. If you watch it every so often itll skip a second.

I have not seen this. The RKL does have a battery for the clock circuit though.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back