Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

RaddOneWI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello working on updating and setting up a RKE I would like to know the most current firmware for the SL-1 module. Please and thank you.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello working on updating and setting up a RKE I would like to know the most current firmware for the SL-1 module. Please and thank you.
Looks like I have version 2.03. It was not updated much after the SLX was released to replace it.

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, hi

Is myreef 2.0 still working?
I have tried the download but it installs with some exception error and does not work for me.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, hi

Is myreef 2.0 still working?
I have tried the download but it installs with some exception error and does not work for me.
What operating system are you running? May need to try running it in compatibility mode

fullonoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have version 01.03 I can’t even setup heater it’s not even showing up as an option I need to update to lastest version?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no latest version. The one posted here is the last one before the company shut down.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have version 01.03 I can’t even setup heater it’s not even showing up as an option I need to update to lastest version?
What are you referring to that is version 1.03? Is it the firmware on the head unit or module or is t the software version of myReef?

jschottenfeld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking in this thread for years and I could use some help please.

I'm running myreef 2.0 for many years on a very old laptop that I'm afraid is going to go kaput one day. I tried installing myreef 2.0 on a tablet which I've since found out, doesn't run on a msft surface.

I'm now trying to install on a 1 year old dell laptop running Windows 11 and having install issues. It either doesn't open up when I double click or once I tried to open it via right click and received an error msg about my .NET framework not being correct.
Myreef install error.png

Could somone provide assistance. I love MyReef, just not the fact that its running on a 12 year old laptop

Thanks!

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm running myreef 2.0 for many years on a very old laptop that I'm afraid is going to go kaput one day. I tried installing myreef 2.0 on a tablet which I've since found out, doesn't run on a msft surface.

I'm now trying to install on a 1 year old dell laptop running Windows 11 and having install issues. It either doesn't open up when I double click or once I tried to open it via right click and received an error msg about my .NET framework not being correct.
Myreef install error.png

Could somone provide assistance. I love MyReef, just not the fact that its running on a 12 year old laptop

Thanks!
Hmm,not my forte but a quick check seems to imply you can have multiple versions of .net.

So maybe just install 3.5.

Links posted as info .. Usage is up to you

jschottenfeld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm,not my forte but a quick check seems to imply you can have multiple versions of .net.

So maybe just install 3.5.

Links posted as info .. Usage is up to you
I had wondered that myself, but wasn't sure. Something to think about if I don't come up with something else. Would hate to mess up my daily laptop.

Thanks

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Myreef install error.png

Thanks!
What about running it in compatibility mode? Right click and go to properties and under compatability change it to an older windows version and then run as administrator

jschottenfeld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about running it in compatibility mode? Right click and go to properties and under compatability change it to an older windows version and then run as administrator
I had wanted to try that, but when I bring up the Properties tab when right clicking to open, it doesn't have the option to run in Combatibility mode? Running Win 11.
Maybe I can run it another way?

zigzag930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello group. I'm new here and just setting up a used tank that I purchased a few days ago. The equipment includes a DA controller, (2) PC 4's power strips and a SL1. I do have the USB dongle and have installed the PC based MrReef software which seems to have loaded correctly on my Win10 (under VM Fusion) OS. I can see the SID, but have not connected the phone wire to my Reefkeeper yet. Here is the question. There are not open ports on the PC4's. The controller goes to the 1st PC4, then another wire goes from the 1st PC4 to the 2nd. From the second PC4, a wire goes to the SL1. So, where do I connect the SID? Should I remove the SL1 cable and plug into the 2nd PC4? If so, how will the system know a SL1 is installed or is that simply done manually in the configuration?

Thanks in advance to any/all who can help out.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SL
Hello group. I'm new here and just setting up a used tank that I purchased a few days ago. The equipment includes a DA controller, (2) PC 4's power strips and a SL1. I do have the USB dongle and have installed the PC based MrReef software which seems to have loaded correctly on my Win10 (under VM Fusion) OS. I can see the SID, but have not connected the phone wire to my Reefkeeper yet. Here is the question. There are not open ports on the PC4's. The controller goes to the 1st PC4, then another wire goes from the 1st PC4 to the 2nd. From the second PC4, a wire goes to the SL1. So, where do I connect the SID? Should I remove the SL1 cable and plug into the 2nd PC4? If so, how will the system know a SL1 is installed or is that simply done manually in the configuration?

Thanks in advance to any/all who can help out.
The SL1 should have two ports and one should be open.

zigzag930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SL

The SL1 should have two ports and one should be open.
Well it has a iTemp plugged in, but I removed it to do the programming. I have programmed the unit, but having one problem. Can't get the Standby function to work. I have programmed 0:30:00 for the standby time, and set (3) channels to turn "OFF" when in standby mode. None of the channels turn off when I activate standby. Also, the display shows "STANDBY" by it does not count down from 30:00. When I use PC to activate Standby, it shows active, but the timer shows 00:00:00. Very strange. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I have rebooted, but have not done factory reset.

*** UPDATE *** Finally figured it out and feel dumb. Not only do I have to press Standby, but then I have to press the enter button on the head unit. Now works perfectly.

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has a iTemp plugged in, but I removed it to do the programming. I have programmed the unit, but having one problem. Can't get the Standby function to work. I have programmed 0:30:00 for the standby time, and set (3) channels to turn "OFF" when in standby mode. None of the channels turn off when I activate standby. Also, the display shows "STANDBY" by it does not count down from 30:00. When I use PC to activate Standby, it shows active, but the timer shows 00:00:00. Very strange. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I have rebooted, but have not done factory reset.

*** UPDATE *** Finally figured it out and feel dumb. Not only do I have to press Standby, but then I have to press the enter button on the head unit. Now works perfectly.
if you have a iTemp you must have a RKL. The Archon also uses a iTemp but it has 4 bus ports and does not work with myReef other than programing firmware to any modules you might have with the Archon. The RKE cannot use an iTemp only the normal temp probe that connect to the temp port on a SL1, SL2 or SLX modules. If you can find a RKM-HUB module it has 5 bus ports on it so that will allow you to hook up the iTemp and the SID also.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back