low nutrient systems....

Aku

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i started mine with dry marco rock and mb7 for 2 weeks, then started the vodka and added sps..... all in 2 weeks and everything worked out great......pellets with mb7 would prolly work great for a cycle imo... the mb7 it's self works great....;)

Excellent. Thanks. I might give it a shot. I've got to read up a little more on the mb7, but looks like some good stuff. Unfortunate thing is that I haven't seen any pellet specific reactors on the market yet.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out sonny x he has great articles about it... He has a few threads on here in the sps forum and his own page at rimlessreef.com he breaks down the whole thing in simple words... I learned from reading his articles lol...

Powerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. Thanks. I might give it a shot. I've got to read up a little more on the mb7, but looks like some good stuff. Unfortunate thing is that I haven't seen any pellet specific reactors on the market yet.

Hey AKU, I have the same name here too. I don't really think you need a pellet specific reactor. Any media reactor will do. I'm using my BRS reactor for my pellets. Warner Marine suggests less pellets with less flow. N and P suggest more with higher flow. so as long as it is big enough to hold what you need, then it shold be fine.

Aku

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out sonny x he has great articles about it... He has a few threads on here in the sps forum and his own page at rimlessreef.com he breaks down the whole thing in simple words... I learned from reading his articles lol...

Excellent! I'll have to take a look at it.

Hey AKU, I have the same name here too. I don't really think you need a pellet specific reactor. Any media reactor will do. I'm using my BRS reactor for my pellets. Warner Marine suggests less pellets with less flow. N and P suggest more with higher flow. so as long as it is big enough to hold what you need, then it shold be fine.

Cool. I've read that they sometimes gunk up the sponge in the reactor, but I don't know how big of a deal that is... or if just taking out the sponge fixes the problem. In any case, I'll probably just look for a decent large reactor. If I have to mod it for some reason, I doubt it will be too hard.

Powerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out my sponges and replaced them with screens. Since they run all the time, I didn't want sponges filled with detritus.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must of been a spammer with a tank ahahahaah... I edited his signature then he put more crap in it so I banned him....;) oh well he kind of knew what he was talking about thou lol....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back