Lower nitrate for new Anemone

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help on lowering my nitrate. The carpet anemone is on its way. My tank nitrate is a bit high. Can I do several water change in 2-3 days to lower nitrate?
Nitrate lvl : 20ppm
I forgot to check my nitrate recently. Any idea?
I see many people use redsea No3PO4x but some thread said that product is a type of Carbon dosing and Anemones dont like that.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it from time to time, just dosed 5ml about an hour ago as it happens and I have never noticed a negative affect on my BTA's.

It does help lower nitrate as well, but mine is considered high at 4ppm, normally somewhere between 2 and 4ppm I would say.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NoPox takes up to a week to work as you have to build up the bacteria that it using the carbon to eat the nitrate. It certainly works but its not a 1 day thing.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will keep dosing no3po4x but is it fine to dose when anemone is in the tank

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think 20 ppm is a problem. But a rushed change to the tank might be. :D
Can you be a bit more specific, cuz I was on holiday for 3 weeks and could not do water change, my tank nitrate is just way too high for that reason. What is rushed change? Thank you

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help on lowering my nitrate. The carpet anemone is on its way. My tank nitrate is a bit high. Can I do several water change in 2-3 days to lower nitrate?
I see many people use redsea No3PO4x but some thread said that product is a type of Carbon dosing and Anemones dont like that.
my carpet loved high nitrates, kept it like that for years

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my carpet loved high nitrates, kept it like that for years

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you be a bit more specific, cuz I was on holiday for 3 weeks and could not do water change, my tank nitrate is just way too high for that reason. What is rushed change? Thank you
I assume he’s saying that a large, sudden change in water parameters is often more harmful for a tank than just letting it be, and bringing it down slowly.

Back