LPS Addiction- 375 gallon

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Kevin and I have a problem. I have had the reefing bug for about four years now. I started with a 65g and that lasted me about a year. Then upgraded the nano to my first medium tank- 180g. Then it got tricky. I bought a 375g from DSA but was renting at the time. I had plans to stay renting there and setup the tank as I was having a hard time finding a job out of college. Then as I got the tank in and stand built I found the job. So the big tank was put on hold and a temp 125 was setup. Now that I could build a house I talked my fiance into a fish room, kinda. Its only a little larger than 8'x3' behind the tank. It has a water source for RO water, 2 dedicated circuits and 2 shared circuits, drain, and a door for me to get in and out. Oh and instead of baseboards I had them put tile to reduce mold if/when a spill occurs.

The 375 consists of 2 large lumenbrite pendants 250w 12 k reeflux se bulbs powered by coralvue ballasts, and a 36" current USA t5 fixture. I use two sicce 5.0s for returns. Besides the tank I have a ~40gallon acrylic skimmer setup which goes to my ~70g frag tank(which is still pretty empty), that flows into my return which is in the middle. On the other side is my ATS and refugium. I am keeping this mainly LPS but a couple SPS have stayed with me over the years and Im sure a couple more will find a spot in there as well.
Sorry for the long read but thats where I stand now...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh my gosh man let's see that BEAST! Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished.jpg

Here is it before the livestock. I will try and get a better picture of what it looks like now.

I forgot the whole part about the stand. It is three different pieces as you can see. I went over it with 2 coats of kilz primer and 2 coats of Herculiner.

Edit- Nevermind my lights just went out. Ill try and post it tomorrow. sorry

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe I forgot that too. Its 8' by 3' by 25". The large sump(frag and fuge) is 6' x18"x2' and the small sump(skimmer) is 19"x19"x22".

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a sweet looking tank....no one can break into your house from the back door.....LOL

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Thats just the door for my Fishroom though. My fiance still makes me lock it even though I doubt any criminal could get through there in time to disable the alarm.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back