Lunar wrasse one cloudy eye

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost 3 fish one female anthias one flame angle one emperor angle. I treated with fritz fixich and it helped get rid of the ich but the fish that died went into heavy breathing. Now my Hippo is breathing heavy and just stays in a resting spot and comes out every so often to scratch. He really isn't eating now will come out and peck a piece or two and prior to all this he was the king of eating. My wrasses one eye has a white film on it. I don't know what to do. Water quality is good it's a 75 gallon I just did a 30 gallon water change and added carbon. Water is good. I need help

OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have a different strand of ick that the fix ick will not get rid of I just noticed he has white spots again. I need recommendations now please.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have a different strand of ick that the fix ick will not get rid of I just noticed he has white spots again. I need recommendations now please.

Fix Ick is malachite green and formalin. That product just doesn't work for marine ich, despite what the label says, it is really only effective against freshwater ick. Coppersafe is a much better choice.

That said, marine ich won't kill fish until the infection is pretty well advanced....like hundreds of spots on the fish, did you see that?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What about cupramin. I can get it by tomorrow?
You can use it but its a llittle harsher. Use a reliable copper test kit like Hanna brand to monitor level which for this fish is .45 - .5(Max) and maintain good water quality

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I treat for ich and also give antibiotics at same time.
I try to avoid doing that, but if there are clear signs of bacterial infection, I’ll sometimes do it.

I have found some references that say do not use neomycin and copper.

OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fix Ick is malachite green and formalin. That product just doesn't work for marine ich, despite what the label says, it is really only effective against freshwater ick. Coppersafe is a much better choice.

That said, marine ich won't kill fish until the infection is pretty well advanced....like hundreds of spots on the fish, did you see that?

Jay
My wrasses left eye is cloudy and he is just laying on bottom today he was swimming in circles yesterday. He is always out and active.
My Hippo is not eating day 3 and just lays in his spot. He was in the air bubbler bubbles this morning. He has spots on him this is his 3rd time with ick.

I know it was the wrasse that brought this in.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses left eye is cloudy and he is just laying on bottom today he was swimming in circles yesterday. He is always out and active.
My Hippo is not eating day 3 and just lays in his spot. He was in the air bubbler bubbles this morning. He has spots on him this is his 3rd time with ick.

I know it was the wrasse that brought this in.

Can you post a video of the fish under white lights?

OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try when I get home. What ever this is it is affecting all my fish clowns fire fish wrasse hippo and diamond watchman gobie. And I can't get no medication until Tues and it may be to late by then. Is there anything I can do until I get the medication?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try when I get home. What ever this is it is affecting all my fish clowns fire fish wrasse hippo and diamond watchman gobie. And I can't get no medication until Tues and it may be to late by then. Is there anything I can do until I get the medication?
Without seeing a video, I’m just shooting in the dark here: if it is ich, you could start hyposalinity as long as there are no invertebrates in the tank. That would be a lot faster than waiting until Tuesday.
Here is a post about it:

Jay

OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this may be velvet not sure. Or a very deadly strand of ich. I have a quarantine tank ready. I have my anemones and crabs in there now cause DT had FIX it in it but should be out now. I lost a clown last night.

Attachments

• 20240219_074546.mp4
    102.6 MB
OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have copper safe coming today. I have to quarantine. Can you tell me how to do it start to finish. I have a cycled filter in it I have to move one clown, one lunar wrasse, one firefish, one diamond watchman gobie, one hippo. It's a 30 gallon tote. It's been up for a week. I did use the water from my tank to add 15 gallons to the tote so I could put annenomes and crabs in it . I can make it 25 gallons if I need to. This sucks. I lost flame angle, emperor angle clown, female anthias. I'm on the verge of losing everything. I will never not quarantine again sad lesson to learn. I feel so bad I killed these fish.
Can annenomes and crabs get this disease being I used infected water ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back