Macro algae as primary nutrient export.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it rather difficult to get O2 saturation over 100% in a reef tank? I know that photosynthesis can increase O2 saturation but with high flow and good surface aeration, it should be difficult to get much above 100% O2 saturation. Similarly, given skimmers, good flow, surface aeration, it should be difficult to get that much below normal O2 levels. Maybe not 100%, but relatively good levels of O2 saturation.

OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it rather difficult to get O2 saturation over 100% in a reef tank? I know that photosynthesis can increase O2 saturation but with high flow and good surface aeration, it should be difficult to get much above 100% O2 saturation. Similarly, given skimmers, good flow, surface aeration, it should be difficult to get that much below normal O2 levels. Maybe not 100%, but relatively good levels of O2 saturation.

Nothing in the marine enviroment needs 100% oxygen saturation. In some cases it would be detrimental.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking of the graph where it shows minimal increase in growth at higher pH if O2 is 170% of saturation and how can that be possible if a normal reef.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question but check out the graphs from Algaebarn. My guess is they found some ways to supersaturate the water with O2.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back