Making the Switch to Fritz RPM

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as a local LFS started carrying RPM I’m making the jump from IO. Nothing wrong with IO, but I started with RPM a few years ago then switched to IO when I ran out and was in a bind with a shipping snafu. Never switched back until today. That was a whole different tank and this one has been IO from day one, but RPM is closer to my parameters. So.... I just finished deep cleaning my brown stained IO 50 gallon brute and will be doing a 10 gallon change Sunday. Hopefully all goes well. I’ll probably add my new salt into the mixing station tonight as it circulates 24/7. I will report back.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched to Fritz from LA, because of cost. So far so good.

Where are you finding Fritz at a lower cost than LA?
I'm currently using LA (from petco $45/bucket) but if Fritz is available for even less, I might be tempted to give it a try too.

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using IO Reef Crystals and RedSea Coral Pro in the past, I found that it took a long time for them to mix clear. My LFS started carrying Fritz RPM several years ago and figured I would give it try. It mixes clean and clear in no time and have been using Fritz ever since.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have used nothing other than rpm from the start it’s awesome! Mixes clear very quickly and the parameters are good! I’m sure there’s many other salts out there that are great as well I jus can’t speak on it personally since I’ve never used it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back