Mammoth Nano SPS Reef

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. So what color temperature do you typically shoot your photos in w/ your camera? I typically shoot at a 10k setting. Tried to do custom white balance and doesn't really work out well in my attempts. How many stops do you shoot underexposed? When your shooting, is your tank lit w/ a full spectrum vs mainly blues? I have both the pink panther and confetti. The confetti is photogenic under whites and blues. The pink panther looks good only under blues IMO. Maybe I try your approach to do more postprocessing w/o filters.

Here is my confetti under blues with a filter.

Tried taking it w/ no filter under full spectrum and did a custom white balance in lightroom. Think it looks nice. Now I need to try the pink panther and see how it turns out.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A really nice smooth skin piece. This is one you don't see often, but I enjoy it.

Wet Thumbs Mother of Pearl

51908207706_11d0820422_k.jpg

reefman76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an awesome setup! Are you still using the same bulb combo and led settings you have listed on page 2 of your thread?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mohamed Ashfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef. Im also in the planings for a similar sized peninsula tank (48 x 30 x 28). Am wondering how your filtration system looks like. If it not much of a hassle would love a quick run through on how your filtration goes like.. also will you be sticking with dosing or would go the calcium reactor route in the future.?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef. Im also in the planings for a similar sized peninsula tank (48 x 30 x 28). Am wondering how your filtration system looks like. If it not much of a hassle would love a quick run through on how your filtration goes like.. also will you be sticking with dosing or would go the calcium reactor route in the future.?
If you scroll back to the first page you can see the sump setup I'm running. Not much has changed here. I did run a NO3 reactor briefly before my rock was fully mature, but now I'm utilizing a skimmer and WCs.

I've been hovering around 80-90ml of dosing each day. I've had thoughts of adding a kalkwasser reservoir and dosing that in conjunction, but have yet to get around to it. Kalkwasser is pretty good and cheap stuff, it just needs a pretty big container to be effective. I've never run a CA reactor in my 20yrs of reefing, so I'm not much help there.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a few versions of this coral out there, but it doesn't get much attention. Polyps are really unique and the graduating skin color from olive green to red to purple is really neat. I'm thinking of clipping this one to get it growing. Its been surrounded for a while and its days might be numbered if it doesn't stop its lazy streak.

Battlecorals Red Scare
51909052745_633c92569b_k.jpg

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gold indo hammer I bought back in 2014 before the euphyllia craze. Not sure if its a unique thing or not to have round polyp tips mixed within the more elongated forms. Kind of fun. This is colony is a nice bit of movement in an otherwise stick dominant tank.

51908747269_848f278606_k.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screaming Suharsonhoi

Still has the random swirls of missing pigmentation, shown at the top left. This is one of the brightest corals on the tank. Also needs to be hacked down by half.

51907456667_380f441e70_k.jpg
Gorgeous!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back