Marine Velvet Repeated Attacks

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general opinion on this forum is that CP is safe for all tangs aside from Paracanthurus. Never heard of it being contraindicated in Zebrasoma. Are you speaking from personal experience?

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general opinion on this forum is that CP is safe for all tangs aside from Paracanthurus. Never heard of it being contraindicated in Zebrasoma. Are you speaking from personal experience?

Good catch! Typo- it’s the Blue Regal that I killed with CP. He is Paracanthurus. I’ll edit. He did real good till the 4th day.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has not been my experience with sailfin tangs. I have had many handle both CP and copper just fine. What doseage did you find to be deadly?

It was a Regal. I think I used 40mg and up to 80mg if I remember correctly. He quit eating at 40mg and ended up dying. I thought it was random so I bought another Regal. He stopped eating too. I finally concluded that Regal tangs don’t mix with CP.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed cp on a Achilles and he died the next day. It's hot or miss as I've done it on another Achilles fine.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sometimes you never know. I think some of these fish die because they’re already so compromised that’s it’s too late. Others simply don’t do well with certain medications.

I love the chart that was created by some of the guys. It gives a good reference point and a place to start. As with anything, there’s always exceptions to the rules. Just like with humans, there’s probably some fish of the same species that will not tolerate the same drug. Or tolerate poorly. They may be more sensitive to the drug. Not all fish are 100% alike or just as strong as the next. It’s possible that some might even have adverse reactions.

Has anybody dosed a tank and checked the PH with CP? Like before and after the initial dose. I wonder if it affects the PH at all?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish has used CP a lot. I have not, but I’ve not heard of any CP issues with other tangs.

I prefer Copper Power and the Hanna Copper Checker

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that Achilles was strong too a big 9" specimens but I was dosing prophylatic ended up killing him.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish has used CP a lot. I have not, but I’ve not heard of any CP issues with other tangs.

I prefer Copper Power and the Hanna Copper Checker

I can honestly say I killed my blue Regal with CP. I documented the whole thing. If you look back on my youtube channel, youll find about 4 videos or so. I try to keep a open mind until I know for sure that a certain medication is doing harm. I even bought a second Regal to be positive. He too stopped eating and started acting weird. So I stopped the treatment. I’ll never treat a Regal with CP ever again.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say I killed my blue Regal with CP. I documented the whole thing. If you look back on my youtube channel, youll find about 4 videos or so. I try to keep a open mind until I know for sure that a certain medication is doing harm. I even bought a second Regal to be positive. He too stopped eating and started acting weird. So I stopped the treatment. I’ll never treat a Regal with CP ever again.
I’ve heard that about hippo but not other tangs, was what I was trying to get across. Lol

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back