Marineland 93 Gallon Cube Warranty

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 months ago I purchased a brand new Marineland 93 Gallon Cube aquarium. The date code being 2017. Upon filling it with water I discovered the same bubbles in the seam issue that has been talked about many times before. Mine however was a lot worse than just micro bubbles in a straight line. Mine were as follows:

Original 93 Cube 1a.jpg

picture two at the top:
Original 93 Cube 2a.jpg

I called Marineland and they said that this was a warranty. They then made me go out and re-purchase a new aquarium on my credit card and they would reimburse. This was the new aquarium I got in, but notice that I have not even filled it up all the way:

2nd 93 cube 1a.jpg

2nd 93 cube 2a.jpg

2nd 93 cube 3a.jpg

2nd 93 cube 4a.jpg

2nd 93 cube 5a.jpg

The stand is a custom welded metal stand that was approved by their engineers to retain the warranty in advance. I verified that the stand was both level and that the side panels were all within the outside diameter of the plywood top. I used 1/4 foam padding as well that they recommended. I didn't even get the aquarium half filled before the bubbles and separation started. Marineland has responded back saying there was nothing wrong with this second tank and that there would be no warranty. I'm speechless. My wife on the other hand is not. She is beyond ticked off that we have had a lot of expense (expected) and work but no fish for months as this issue has not gotten resolved. I feel that this second tank is a very clear warranty issue. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news. (sort of) Marineland has decided to warranty my 2nd tank as well. So I'm done with cube aquariums.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back