Mastertronic Honest Review.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can manual test with the mastertronic many times a day buy wouldn’t be cost effective

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
These are nowhere to be found in stock. I cant explain why.

Soooo much time has passed since initial release. You'd think the company would be interested to sell more units.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are nowhere to be found in stock. I cant explain why.

Soooo much time has passed since initial release. You'd think the company would be interested to sell more units.
They are in stock in Europe and Australia but not in the USA I guess the company dosent care about US sales

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in stock in Europe and Australia but not in the USA I guess the company dosent care about US sales
I don't if what I heard is true but the same company that does the distribution of Mastertronic also does of the Apex. They preffer to sell the apex in the US rather than the MT.
Yet again i don't know if it is true, but someone told me this.

Meerwasser Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from Germany and I had to wait six month until Mastertronic was in stock again so there has been some issues to get that machine here as well. At the moment its easy to get one. Overall I have mine now for 2 month and it changed the game because I get daily alk, phoshphate tests as well as regular nitrate test out of it :) . It is not perfect though, bushings broke once and i have a leakage of one of the Kamoer pumps. Support is very good though and they were able to help me quite fast.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from Germany and I had to wait six month until Mastertronic was in stock again so there has been some issues to get that machine here as well. At the moment its easy to get one. Overall I have mine now for 2 month and it changed the game because I get daily alk, phoshphate tests as well as regular nitrate test out of it :) . It is not perfect though, bushings broke once and i have a leakage of one of the Kamoer pumps. Support is very good though and they were able to help me quite fast.
Would you by any chance have to model number for the pump heads just incase
thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't if what I heard is true but the same company that does the distribution of Mastertronic also does of the Apex. They preffer to sell the apex in the US rather than the MT.
Yet again i don't know if it is true, but someone told me this.
I believe CoralVue is the US distributer and also the owner of Hydros. The Hydros will interface with the Mastertronic via wifi so I don't think that the controller is the issue. More likely it is the same issue all manufacturers are having. That is getting enough parts and even packaging.

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna weigh in on this and put another experience forward. Focustronic HAVE to sort out their support and customer care. I run multiple tanks and have 2 x Alkatronic, 2 x Dosetronic and I’m running 4 x Mastertronic, so I’ve dropped ALOT of cash on FT devices this year.

The first 3 MTs to arrive - great, all work fine. The 4th arrived late due to a shipping mix up around 27-28 October. I was away on vacation for a few days so didn’t get a chance to set it up. Set it up on 5th of November took 2 days to complete updates. Once updated it would do 2 things - turn the carousel and unlock, that was it - no calibration, no testing no nothing else. (In the UK you have 14 days to tell a manufacturer something is faulty and provided you do you can get a refund no questions asked under consumer law, so I was comfortably within that)

Contacted support and initially they were very good - Jonas and Eric, I agreed we would try and trouble shoot and so I’ve spent a lot of time and emails working with them dismantling it, trying things etc etc. Late last week Eric agreed to a swap out and I was waiting for UK disti to provide details, then another update pushed over the weekend (took 36-48 hours to complete again which is unusually long), it then started to calibrate - took 10 attempts to get either pump to calibrate (even then doing a test after the measurements weren’t perfect like they are meant to be (and they are on the others)).

Finally got it sort of calibrated on Monday and started testing. KH was way out - I knew it was about 6.2, MT said 12, no matter what I did it wouldn’t change. Tested NO3 and PO4 - they came back correct, I cross checked with manual Testing (different test kits and the reagents in the vials to confirm). Messaged support again, got agreement KH was out. Next day tested again - this time KH, Mg and Ca are fine, NO3 and PO4 are reading pretty much zero which is wrong - NO3 is about 6 and PO4 0.11. Cross checked manually again (using reagents in vials, Hanna checkers and other Red Sea tests) MT is definitely out

Finally got fed up day before yesterday and said right - enough, I dropped over £8000 on your kit in the last 9 months, this clearly isn’t right, I can’t troubleshoot constantly and can’t have it that it isn’t working properly, I’ve been really flexible working with you to try and get it fixed - It needs to be swapped out at this stage.

They’ve come back and said they want it back for diagnostics despite multiple videos, photos and my working with them for the last 3 weeks or so. To add insult to injury THEY WANT ME to pay the shipping! (So I’ll be another chunk of money out of pocket). And I’m going to be without a working device for even longer. If they treat someone who invests this heavily in their kit this badly then I would advise anyone To think long and hard before ploughing cash in……

I’ve had problems with Neptune, D-D, Reef Factory, Nyos and Red Sea kit in the past (it happens - as with any equipment in Life) - if this was any of them it would have been a straight swap on day 1 (in almost all cases it was), and even several months later when faults developed with all of the above swap outs or refunds have been offered very very quickly.

Until support is fixed I refuse to invest any more money in Focustronic - I’ll be shifting to a Reefbot and KH Keeper plus on this tank instead. People need to be aware that support is not always brilliant - and good customer service is key to a successful business.

davbenav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received by Mastertronic from the Netherlands through Seaflower to the US. It ended up being cheaper than buying here in the U.S. if you also purchase your reagents in Europe. I did a video with the breakdown of the cost on youtube if you are interested. Just type in YouTube search "Mastertronic Purchased From the EU to US."

I would be happy to share more details if anyone is interested.

crazymattb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received by Mastertronic from the Netherlands through Seaflower to the US. It ended up being cheaper than buying here in the U.S. if you also purchase your reagents in Europe. I did a video with the breakdown of the cost on youtube if you are interested. Just type in YouTube search "Mastertronic Purchased From the EU to US."

I would be happy to share more details if anyone is interested.
Super helpful. I’ve been looking and just couldn’t get it here. How long did it take for you to get yours?

davbenav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super helpful. I’ve been looking and just couldn’t get it here. How long did it take for you to get yours?
It took 1 month in total. Ordered it Nov 1st and arrived Dec 1st. It was held up her on the US end for almost 2 weeks. Was nervous as hell. Did not pay any taxes on it.

Where are you trying to get it to and where from?

crazymattb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took 1 month in total. Ordered it Nov 1st and arrived Dec 1st. It was held up her on the US end for almost 2 weeks. Was nervous as hell. Did not pay any taxes on it.

Seaflo

Seaflower to Utah. My only concern is warranty. They said I’d have to ship it back there and pay for it. Also, I’m concerned that it might be difficult to sell if I ever change my mind.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back