Maxspect Gyre & Vortech combined?

Zoran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all,

I am currently using Maxspect Gyre 300 series XF350 on my Red Sea Reefer 350 (mix tank) and looking into getting a Vortech MP40, I think this will give the tank a lot of random flow.

Has anyone tried mixing the two together and what were the result? also, what mode/power setting are you running on both?

Thank you in advance

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 4 MP40’s on my tank via WXM. They cycle through all modes over the course of the day. Then on my overflow box I use a gyre 150. Not a dead spot in the tank

Corey

OP
OP
Z

Zoran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the reply. This forum has been amazing, I've been a lurker for a long time :)

So I went ahead and got the Ecotech yesterday. I've been running the Gyre on pulsing mode all this time and when I put in the MP40 and set in Nutrient Transport Mode, instantly I see a lot of debris from the sand bed getting picked up. Doesn't look like I have any dead spot at all. So I am happy with the decision so far.

Edit: the noise on the Vortech ramping is pretty loud at 60%, whereas, the Gyre make no noise at 70%

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back