Metal stand build questions.

Old Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and gals, i need some help planning a metal tank stand build. It will be for a 180 gallon glass cage. 72"x24"x24. I already have a 75 gallon sump which i made, that i would like to use. Its 48"x18" and 21" tall. I will need to build stand about 36" tall to be able to service sump. Im figuring thats only gonna give me about 13" headroom. The skimmer can tilt going in, or out for major service and the cup only needs a few inches to pop out. Will this work? If i go higher, say 40" on stand, would allow me a little more wiggle room, but I'd probably have to buy some bar stools to view the tank and ladder to service it. What do yall think? Also, one last thing, sorry for such long post, but should i wrap the metal tank, or have it powder coated and leave it open. Here's a picture of the sump. I'm also planning on lowering the skimmer quite a bunch.
20200327_111207.jpg

OP
OP
Old Reefer

Old Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys and gals, i need some help planning a metal tank stand build. It will be for a 180 gallon glass cage. 72"x24"x24. I already have a 75 gallon sump which i made, that i would like to use. Its 48"x18" and 21" tall. I will need to build stand about 36" tall to be able to service sump. Im figuring thats only gonna give me about 13" headroom. The skimmer can tilt going in, or out for major service and the cup only needs a few inches to pop out. Will this work? If i go higher, say 40" on stand, would allow me a little more wiggle room, but I'd probably have to buy some bar stools to view the tank and ladder to service it. What do yall think? Also, one last thing, sorry for such long post, but should i wrap the metal tank, or have it powder coated and leave it open. Here's a picture of the sump. I'm also planning on lowering the skimmer quite a bunch.
20200327_111207.jpg
Sorry, i didn't mean wrapping the tank, but the stand, to make it look like a wooden stand, but then my fuge wouldn't be seen if i did.

OP
OP
Old Reefer

Old Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever come up with a plan? I'm looking to do something similar
Yes, look up my New 180g Stand Build thread. Ive gots pictures from the beginning. Am waiting on my 72x24x25 tank to be built. Thanks!

20200528_134842.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back