MH's T5's and LED's

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 250 watt halides, pheonix and 2 geisman pure actinics and I like the look of the pheonix alone. I guess I'm thinking the actinics aren't really adding much to the tank other than dusk and dawn effect. I'm contimplating taking the T5s out and replacing them with LED's powerbrights or stunner. Do you think that I will even be able to tell the LEDs are on with the MH;s running?

adetamor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED brings out unreal colors compared to MH. I don't think you are going to see a huge difference, but I believe the subtle difference will be enough to make it worth it.

OP
OP
P

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 20 inches deep. SO would you trade out 2 54 watt t5s for a 4 sets of powerbrights? Or Stunners?

The Icecap LEDs in the t5 housing would be a no brainer but I wasn't impressed at all with their output.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think you'd be able to see LED's through MH, expecially not Powerbrights, i dont even see them through my T5's

evilc66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Powerbrites will make more of a difference than the Stunners, but they will get expensive when you need to cover a larger area. The Powerbrites make a pretty noticable spotlight effect though. The Ecoxotic Panorama modules would be great if they had an all blue version.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thread that was one of my next moves to. When people turn on and off PB's with MH's you can see a little difference in pop so to speak. It also depends on the MH bulb. Main thing is you would be saving $$ on electricity and bulbs(T5). So although expensive they should replace themselves after 10 years lol

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hydroponic supply's has nice led lights in white and blue. or a mix of both.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 45 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back