Status
Not open for further replies.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can try... the theory is that flooding the tank with manor micro uber small bubbles will help with co2 exchange, help the corals shed their slime coating (and I'm thinking old cells), and really oxygenate the water. To do it you get a woodstone bubbler and set it up under either your return or if you don't have a sump a powerhead. The action from the pump breaking the already small bubbles makes them even smaller flooding the tank with them. Most people do it during lights off. Because the bubbles are so small they don't pop much to send out the salt spray the bigger bubbles give.

That's... well... the very basic theory. I'm figuring that corals like it because they really are adapted to highly oxygenated water, and our boxes don't provide the bubbles that they really get on a reef crest. This is a way to provide that during a time that we don't have to see it.

I run an Oxydator which ensures my oxygen levels are always elevated. No salt spray, runs 24/7 no electricity cheap to run, safe to use, cheap to buy and produces mirco bubbles so fine you will be hard push to notice them. Been telling people about them for years. Why isn't everyone running one then? A good question but those who know do.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just dose some peroxide and you will achieve similar affect, same with the co2 diffusers that guy albert theil praises, you guys are saving a ton of money compared to those who use Ozone thats for darn sure!

Yes I sent Albert his first Oxydator as you couldn't buy them in the US until quite recently. I sent him a Model "D" I also wrote the piece in his book about them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! This is a really cool thread. This is one if the things that I love about this hobby--people are willing to try new things to advance knowledge. ;)

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run an Oxydator which ensures my oxygen levels are always elevated. No salt spray, runs 24/7 no electricity cheap to run, safe to use, cheap to buy and produces mirco bubbles so fine you will be hard push to notice them. Been telling people about them for years. Why isn't everyone running one then? A good question but those who know do.
I have been thinking about an Oxydator. I think nuisance algae is one of the benefits of the oxydator, I might need to double check that. It however is a completely different animal compared to the micro bubbles. I suggest you try some suds. [emoji475]

Last edited:

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no evidence that this does any of the miracles claimed. pH sure. Degassing sure. Clairity, sure. That is what you would expect from turning your tank into a giant skimmer. There rest of it is unsupported anecdote.
I am all for advancing knowledge, but have yet to see that done in this respect. Trying something and then saying things look 'better' is often conformation bias, not actual results. Everyone is still looking for a magic bullet, and it may be out there, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is no evidence that this does any of the miracles claimed. pH sure. Degassing sure. Clairity, sure. That is what you would expect from turning your tank into a giant skimmer. There rest of it is unsupported anecdote.
I am all for advancing knowledge, but have yet to see that done in this respect. Trying something and then saying things look 'better' is often conformation bias, not actual results. Everyone is still looking for a magic bullet, and it may be out there, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Don't knock it till you tried it. I suggest you look up Elegant Corals LLC. They have been using the micro bubbles since 2001 and have a lot of data.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I am having an issue. I am using a woodstone airstone and I can't get it to stay down. It keeps floating.
Get one of the stiff or hard air line tubing it should help you place or wedge the stone down. You might have to look around as I noticed my local Petco didn't carry them. When you find one maybe they have suction cups or something if needed.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you for the reply may give it a try. I'm 98% sticks so wanted to hear from some stick heads.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two deep water corals a red dragon, and hawkins. Neither have had any problems with the micro bubbles. [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back