Microbacter clean

seeky007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all would brightwell microbacter clean still work with the lights out for a few days or will it require the lights on ?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all would brightwell microbacter clean still work with the lights out for a few days or will it require the lights on ?
What are you trying to accomplish?

OP
OP
S

seeky007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to accomplish?
I'm just trying to reduce the brown alage. I've reduced the amount of feeding and have stopped using pellets just frozen food for the time being.im doing two small auto water changes a week.watched a BRS video and thought I would try the brightwell product and see if it helps.going to go and get some clean up crew later today would of got some earlier but been working away for a while.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just trying to reduce the brown alage. I've reduced the amount of feeding and have stopped using pellets just frozen food for the time being.im doing two small auto water changes a week.watched a BRS video and thought I would try the brightwell product and see if it helps.going to go and get some clean up crew later today would of got some earlier but been working away for a while.
Got it!

How long have you been dealing with the algae?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can post some pics, it will help to get a positive identification and will get some suggestions how to clear it out. Tank age and nitrate and phosphate level will help too.

It just seems wrong to me that you watched a video created by a retail store suggesting that you buy a product and thats what you think the solution is. Bottled chemicals are rarely the correct solution.

The correct solution is to identify the algae, then find out how to attack it, we can help with that. Good luck either way.

OP
OP
S

seeky007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there
The tank age is 4 months old 3weeks with fish.

Phosphate is 0.07 hanna checker
Nitrate 4.39 Hanna checker
Alk 8.00
Salinity 34

Thanks for the imput

Attachments

• 20240505_132347.jpg
    20240505_132347.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240505_132326.jpg
    20240505_132326.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 10

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing about BRS Videos is they are all Infomercials to sell you a product. First thing needs to happen is you need to identify the algae, like Mr. Mojo said, get some pictures under white light. Shine a flashlight on it when you take the photo if you gotta. I have some green algae on my sand looks brown under my lights.

Once you determine what algae you have, the processes vary to eliminate it.

Now Microbacter is not without purpose, as I understand the product it aids in the establishment of beneficial bacteria by introducing enzymes that help break down waste into useable forms by the bacteria(s) Nitrifying and Zooxanthellae and it binds smaller organic molecules together to increase the size and weight to aid in removal from the water column. I use this product in a weekly coral snow treatment mixed with Calcium Carbonate, Selcon, and ZEOPlus to help with water clarity and blanket feed my corals.

This is the reason I know Microbacter won't clear up your algae, but balancing your nutrients will clear your system and getting the right mix of clean up crew will go a long ways to managing it.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added some this morning thanks for the info
the type of snail you add can make a difference as well. I am a big fan of Dwarf Cerith, they only get about 3/4inch long so they can get into small nooks and crevices etc. I'd suggest 1 for every gallon of your display. Reefcleaners.org has various packages for reference, when I added snails to my system I added half the recommended package at about 4 months tank age and then the other half of the package about 6 month later.

OP
OP
S

seeky007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 of these guys this morning and a strawberry conch and 3 Nassarius Snails

Attachments

• 20240505_132347.jpg
    20240505_132347.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 8

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back