Mixed 500 gal. A.G.E. build. 12 unit LED Radion lights.

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4413.jpg
[/IMG]

Saltwatercoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW this is a pic heavy thread! Just finished going through this all! I can’t imagine taking this down to redo the sides! That must have been a tremendous amount of work! Looks amazing! I can only wish for something to be half this good one of these days!

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW this is a pic heavy thread! Just finished going through this all! I can’t imagine taking this down to redo the sides! That must have been a tremendous amount of work! Looks amazing! I can only wish for something to be half this good one of these days!
Thank you. Yes it was a pain to take down. And keep all coral healthy for four months.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rescued this 4 weeks ago. it is already coloring up . Ill post a pick every couple of weeks so we can see how it responds under Radions.
front
IMG_4429.jpg

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic taken November 1st
img_3953.jpg

less then two months later not tons of growth, but at this rate i would get 4" to 6" a year
img_4462-1.jpg

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it, but can you tell us how you are running your radions? Natural or artificial? What your maxing the units at? If your on artificial mode, what are you maxing each color at? Im just curious because your corals look great! My sps and didn't react so hot when I first put the radions up. I did a lot of teaking and they are starting to respond a lot better. But i have had the radions up for around 4 months maybe. Thanks! :roll:

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changedgraph so many times in past 12 months. I tried 100% with all colors for 6hours, blues for 6 hours. I ran this for 3 months.. But that was way to muchlight. I had crazy growth with some bleaching. Had to hide all my chalice's. Iam now running all colors 100% with over all intensity 85% for 2.5 hours then 20ksetting for 1.5 hour, blues 8 hours. that’s not the order just the times. Myfront 6 lights are not as intense Still getting great growth. I'm hoping thiswill be a happy middle. So far it looking promising. For more info see my fullbuild.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2062544

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just moved up to 60%.. I have my my whites maxing out at 30%. I was getting a lot of bleaching when i had them set higer.. Blues 100%, red and green at 30%

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back