Mohawk Question

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys! :) I've been drooling since I found club zoa...the eye candy...love it!

Anyhoo, I started with 3 polyps of mohawks/variable stars and have seen very slow growth. I've got 1 adult and 3 babies off of the original 3 polyps after 2 months in my tank. They are at the top of the tank under 250 halides with great flow. In your opinion, is the growth I've seen so far about normal for these guys?

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them some time, they will take off for you. My frag started to grow slowly, but after a couple of months took off. At one point I had hundreds, then I fragged them, caught some kind of infection,, and lost almost all of them. Now I have two frags to get me reseeded with them.

OP
OP
anomie

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mecold. I'm glad to hear that they will take off in time. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mecold. I'm glad to hear that they will take off in time. :)

I think mecold has the most Mohawk polyps in a colony I've seen yet... so he'll know for sure how these guys behave...

but IME, once settled most zoas will take off running... normally it takes zoas 4-6 weeks to settle to their new environment before seeing an explosion.. I've seen this happen numerous times on my main colonies... good luck.... :)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back