OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this guy in my reef for a while, i think this is the nicest looking molly out there. drip acclimated over 4-5 hours.
38ce90e29b2ac014021a5d31eafde412.jpg
I actually got them for bio waste in a caulerpa tank they are cheap and make babies so I was like whey not dump them in lol how much do those go for

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just took a picture and they are fin how often do they have babies and what do I do when it happens I hear they eat there babies
about 4-6 weeks. my babies were sucked into the intake of my BC29 so I think this is what saved them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So today I went to petsmart and got some mollies I hear they can live in the tank I just threw em in there and most articles had most success this way. Anyone every try this
I had some in my last tank. I actually had better luck just throwing them in there after a temperature acclimation than with drip acclimation (I tried both methods).

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumble bee you say

Yes, bumblebee gobies are very cool and look just like bumblebees. I have kept them in salt water for about a year with no problems except they are not very active

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got them for bio waste in a caulerpa tank they are cheap and make babies so I was like whey not dump them in lol how much do those go for
i think i got mine for 1.50 or so , but i think i got lucky my lfs sells them cheap online these ones go for around 15-20

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm seeing some weird behavior one fish which I think is male is under the females butt chasing it but guess what I saw a baby I thought it was a amphipod but it was a baby it ran in the rockwork

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mollies are awesome saltwaterfish especially for small tanks. They are good grazers, not shy, easy to care for, dont jump, not aggressive and they are cheap. I honestly cant believe more people dont keep them. The sailfin and lyretail mollies are more attractive than most fish at the LFS.

Walkmann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just threw a mostly black dalmatian molly in without acclimation tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to acclimate my silver lyre tail and see if there is a difference between the two. Thanks for posting this thread, I totally forgot that mollies can go saltwater!

OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just threw a mostly black dalmatian molly in without acclimation tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to acclimate my silver lyre tail and see if there is a difference between the two. Thanks for posting this thread, I totally forgot that mollies can go saltwater!
No problem I have fry in just one short day got my money worth

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back