OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be able to test different height surfaces from the top running it vertically? I'm really curious about this as I want some agitation at the surface for the shimmer affect.
Yeah definitely. I'm gonna try it in a bunch of different ways so I'll let ya guys know

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What percentage are you running it at on your 75g? Is it horizontal or vertical?

I have mine an inch from the surface doesn't break the surface but I have it at its lowest setting on my 75. I saw no difference if vertical or horizontal. However I did try it max speed and it look like a jet ski taking off.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any noise at 10%? I am getting mine tomorrow and also have a 75g tank. Thanks man!

Flamed_Razor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They start make a humming sound around 40% or higher. Nothing that will annoy you, but to answer your question.....no vibrations at any speed in the tank

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so. Had the gyre in my 150. I can only give a partial review bc 1. It was a demo unit and 2. I only mounted it vertically.

Mounting vertically is fine. It pushes a ton of water for sure. When i had it an inch or less from the surface on high speed, it ripples the surface a little bit but definitely pushes water on top throughout the tank.

I only messed with it for a little bit but I'm sure with the real model and some tinkering it'll be an awesome pump.

I'm sold for getting one for my fish only tank and my future reef tank, hands down.

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dual overflow 120 and I have been trying to figure out where the best place to locate one of these would be...

I was thinking in the middle on the back wall between the overflows near the surface. I am worried about dead spots of the far sides of the overflows. I was thinking about running two MP-10s in the back corners blowing forward on a battery backup in the event of a power outage. I'd be replacing two Jebao RW-15s

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was gonna do but decided to mount it vertically next to the overflow closest to the front of the glass. It hit all corners and had no dead spots. Obviously there r areas with less flow but the water definitely moves throughout. And if I need it, I'll throw in my mp10 for extra

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was gonna do but decided to mount it vertically next to the overflow closest to the front of the glass. It hit all corners and had no dead spots. Obviously there r areas with less flow but the water definitely moves throughout. And if I need it, I'll throw in my mp10 for extra

So I am clear is this a corner overflow? And you mounted it beside the overflow.. so the flow goes to front glass, across front, down side and back to other side of overflow?

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am clear is this a corner overflow? And you mounted it beside the overflow.. so the flow goes to front glass, across front, down side and back to other side of overflow?
Yes its a corner overflow. I had it going to the back glass to the other overflow then back across the front glass. With that setup, in my tank, being a bare bottom, it'll let any gunk settle in front of the tank for easy vacuuming.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its a corner overflow. I had it going to the back glass to the other overflow then back across the front glass. With that setup, in my tank, being a bare bottom, it'll let any gunk settle in front of the tank for easy vacuuming.
I would love to see a video or even a pic or two... I'm such a visual person haha

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I took some. I only had it running for 15 mins and then i took it down since it was a friends demo

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has the dual overflows on the back. Not sure about the best placement.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the corners? What size tank? If its bigger than a 150 you could probably put them on the sides. I can't do that however bc of the corner overflows and it only being 18" deep

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a corner overflow on my 80 shallow... I want to put it vertically beside the overflow and throw the flow down back and around front... but I have a few corals along the back that might not like it right on them

Back