Moving

jack_aubry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accepted a job 1100 miles away this morning :). 18 hr drive over two days. I have a 9 month old IM 40 that I am really happy with, its stable and growing well, also :).

I think it would be really risky to try to move it, but maybe it's doable.

Don't really want to sell all the lifestock and start from scratch, but thats what it looks like I will have to do. Is there a third option?

Could I mail frags to a shop, move, set the tank up, and then collect them after the tank stabalizes again? Is this even a thing?

What do you guys do?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough one. Congrats on the job though!!!! Should be a fun adventure.

Now, the tank. you can transport the livestock in coolers. I would keep the corals and other inverts in one cooler (or however many you need). I would have fish in another with an airstone. Do water change on the fish half way through drive. Then you would have to set up immediately a qt type tank for fish and separate for corals to deal with any stress issues. Then set up the tank where you want and how.

Honestly, as hard as it would be, maybe resetting it up and selling all livestock is a better option. You may run into things in a new location where the tank cannot fit in right away. Just a thought.

Good luck!

Back