Mt first tanks 2nd year birthday & I just joined here, hello!

Rollthedicereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had always wanted a reef tank since I was a teen in the mid 90s. I had shelved the idea of a saltwater tank thinking it was going to be insanely complicated and expensive, but during the start of lockdown I started binging on reef tank videos on YouTube for a little escapism and learnt tech and knowledge had come a long way in 20+ years and thought what am I waiting for so made the jump and got a little Fluval Evo 13.5. My tank is 2 years old this week and am totally hooked on the hobby, don't think I'd want to live without one ever again. Anyway thought I should finally say hi, here so hi, here's my tank. It's nothing fancy, as much as I love the neon SPS set ups, turns out I'm a bit of a softie head.

reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg  back reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg end reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg 5 michael pybus.jpg 3 michael pybus.jpg 4 michael pybus.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had always wanted a reef tank since I was a teen in the mid 90s. I had shelved the idea of a saltwater tank thinking it was going to be insanely complicated and expensive, but during the start of lockdown I started binging on reef tank videos on YouTube for a little escapism and learnt tech and knowledge had come a long way in 20+ years and thought what am I waiting for so made the jump and got a little Fluval Evo 13.5. My tank is 2 years old this week and am totally hooked on the hobby, don't think I'd want to live without one ever again. Anyway thought I should finally say hi, here so hi, here's my tank. It's nothing fancy, as much as I love the neon SPS set ups, turns out I'm a bit of a softie head.

reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg  back reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg end reef tank 2 year old birthday 3 rd oct 2022 michael pybus.jpg 5 michael pybus.jpg 3 michael pybus.jpg 4 michael pybus.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, if Manchester is US:

This might help you find people local to you, if outside US (sounds UK):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Rollthedicereef

Rollthedicereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, if Manchester is US:

This might help you find people local to you, if outside US (sounds UK):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Ah cool thanks, yeah will take a look.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 106 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back