Mushroom coral

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi eversince i added my heater alot of bad things happen to my tank, 3 ricordea melted 1 rfa melted and now one of my mushroom is just hanging, i just feed it today and it accepts the food compared to the other rics i have which still not eating but as you can see it looks like a poop, its foot is also appears to be damage can anyone help me what to do.

OP
OP
Aiptaisia anemone

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191121_004830.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temperature currently? Did the temperature swing dramatically when you adde it?

Can you also post your water parameters? PO4, NITRATE, AMMONIA, CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM, PH, ALKALINITY? Also how old is your tank and corals?

Last edited:

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either your heater baked them or tank was too cold..what’s your temperature? And what are you using to read it..I got this little thermometer off amazon it seems very close in accuracy I like it

When I do my wc my thermometer reads 78 after a few minutes my heater does go on and then I see the temperature quickly goes back to my desired 80

41B087FF-C5A7-4105-B1EC-756E2A7AD955.jpeg

OP
OP
Aiptaisia anemone

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sorry I don't want to be that guy that always says my parameters are perfect but I just did a 50% water change before and after this happened, my other ricordea is doing fine now my zoas are not affected, my tank was 5 months old and my tank stays on 82 degrees thanks for the help

OP
OP
Aiptaisia anemone

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want to add that since my water change my salinity is also 1.020 but its alwast at 1.022 since im using io and always follow the instruction theres just this one time that I got lazy testing my salinity and after doing a water change I realized its actually too low

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The specific gravity was probably more the issue. I have my tanks running consistently at 80 and everything is fine. Also, when my temp fluctuated in the nano rock nem tank, they popped out babies like no ones business (between 70 and 82).
BUT I’m still recovering on one rock nem tank from a 0.003 salinity swing over the course of a water change (faulty hydrometer) almost 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
Aiptaisia anemone

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my heater is what got them, i noticed my ricordea was actually bleached i thought their color get good from my water changes and feeding reefroids but nope they are actually bleached, is there away for them to get back their zooxanthelae...? also i just bought palythoa grandis i noticed that its only fully open when my lights are out or the light are weak, i literally just got it, are they gonna acclimate to my light or should i lower light???? thank you guys

OP
OP
Aiptaisia anemone

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i removed my heater now and they gotten alot better and everything is now doing a ok

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back