My 15 gallons of the ocean!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I am losing patience with my battle against aptasia. I just took the rock out that was infested with aptasia outside, to put in 110 degree water. Yes, this did kill everything on the rock, but to me it was worth it. I now have it drying in the sun, and will add it back into the tank In a few hours.
Hey Walker,

I know you’re really frustrated and also trying to find some berghias. I realize that rock you cleaned isn’t showing any, but I doubt their all gone.

Not sure what you can afford on quantity of Bergs, but watch this video - if you put enough in it will work. I have heard Vic and other thought leaders say the same thing - it’s the right ratio of bergs to aptesia that make the difference.

Anyway hope this helps you as none of us want you to quit.

Last edited:

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was just looking around reading about these, these seem to be pretty well priced and in stock!
https://www.konareefaz.com/products/nudibranch-aiptasia-eating

Also on the livestock market place here I've seen some from other reefers for a good deal.
Also saw some at TSA but with a TSA price tag $$ lol!

We're all cheering for ya to beat these!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just looking around reading about these, these seem to be pretty well priced and in stock!
https://www.konareefaz.com/products/nudibranch-aiptasia-eating

Also on the livestock market place here I've seen some from other reefers for a good deal.
Also saw some at TSA but with a TSA price tag $$ lol!

We're all cheering for ya to beat these!
Thanks so much for this! They are dirt cheap. Lets hope shipping isn't crazy expensive like other sites...

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for this! They are dirt cheap. Lets hope shipping isn't crazy expensive like other sites...
Ughh for real. I wanted to order a tiger conch online, but was lucky my LFS had two left. They cost like 15$, but because I'm not spending 20 million dollars the shipping is like 50$ :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughh for real. I wanted to order a tiger conch online, but was lucky my LFS had two left. They cost like 15$, but because I'm not spending 20 million dollars the shipping is like 50$ :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Lol, that's so true!!

I looked at the shipping, and it's 40 dollars... if I am buying 2 bergias for a total of 20 bucks, how is shipping double that???! I mean I know it has to be quick shipping, but it's 2024!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, that's so true!!

I looked at the shipping, and it's 40 dollars... if I am buying 2 bergias for a total of 20 bucks, how is shipping double that???! I mean I know it has to be quick shipping, but it's 2024!
Aw man, see what I mean? :face-with-tears-of-joy: In order to make the shipping make sense you gotta order like 50$ more of critters.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240411_201653.jpg

First pineapple sponges spotted! I have heard mixed things about these guys, some say they are a sign of a mature tank, some say they are a sign of a new tank. So, I am not sure what to believe, but I think they are cool, so I am happy to see them!

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20240411_201653.jpg

First pineapple sponges spotted! I have heard mixed things about these guys, some say they are a sign of a mature tank, some say they are a sign of a new tank. So, I am not sure what to believe, but I think they are cool, so I am happy to see them!
Those 2 white spots are spirobid worms I believe, they will grow on everything. Common and harmless filter feeder, trouble comes when they get into pumps and whatnot. There are hundreds in my tank.

Pineapple sponges are also pretty common but much fluffier with a pineapple shape. They will hide in your rear compartment mostly.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 white spots are spirobid worms I believe, they will grow on everything. Common and harmless filter feeder, trouble comes when they get into pumps and whatnot. There are hundreds in my tank.

Pineapple sponges are also pretty common but much fluffier with a pineapple shape. They will hide in your rear compartment mostly.

Haha, yes. I have a pretty bad spirobid worm infestation. They do grow on everything. All over the glass, rocks, skimmers, mangrove, you name it. So far they haven't been troublesome so let's hope it stays that way!

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha, yes. I have a pretty bad spirobid worm infestation. They do grow on everything. All over the glass, rocks, skimmers, mangrove, you name it. So far they haven't been troublesome so let's hope it stays that way!
Never given me an issue personally but they are a pain to clean off the pumps!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so if any of you don't know, PetCo is having a 25% off sale on all marine animals. I was researching getting a RFA and an anemone porcelain crab to host it, but my tank is still fairly new, so I am not sure if it will do well. I still haven't called PetCo to see if they have a nem and crab, but I feel like now would be the time to get it since it's 25% off. The tank is just shy of 3 months, and all the corals are doing great. I read somewhere that if soft corals are doing well in your tank, then so will the RFA. Any thoughts?

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so if any of you don't know, PetCo is having a 25% off sale on all marine animals. I was researching getting a RFA and an anemone porcelain crab to host it, but my tank is still fairly new, so I am not sure if it will do well. I still haven't called PetCo to see if they have a nem and crab, but I feel like now would be the time to get it since it's 25% off. The tank is just shy of 3 months, and all the corals are doing great. I read somewhere that if soft corals are doing well in your tank, then so will the RFA. Any thoughts?
I mean, I would go for it! Like you said, if your corals are doing great then you should be fine. How expensive is it? If it's not too pricey it doesn't hurt to try. Do you have a nem guard?

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I would go for it! Like you said, if your corals are doing great then you should be fine. How expensive is it? If it's not too pricey it doesn't hurt to try. Do you have a nem guard?
The nems are about 35 bucks, and with the sale it will be about 28 bucks, so pretty cheap. I just don't want to kill an animal, but I have heard stories of people putting in RFAs right after the cycle, and they were fine.

Good point, I don't have a nem guard, but I will make one or look for one at petco.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nems are about 35 bucks, and with the sale it will be about 28 bucks, so pretty cheap. I just don't want to kill an animal, but I have heard stories of people putting in RFAs right after the cycle, and they were fine.

Good point, I don't have a nem guard, but I will make one or look for one at petco.
Yeah I get ya. That's a pretty good deal!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walker, have you ordered any Bhergia nudibranchs yet? I've been looking around R2R and happened to come across a thread where people have been speaking highly of them eating all their aiptasia in a relatively quick manner of time. I would look into these guys.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walker, have you ordered any Bhergia nudibranchs yet? I've been looking around R2R and happened to come across a thread where people have been speaking highly of them eating all their aiptasia in a relatively quick manner of time. I would look into these guys.
No, I have not yet. I have contacted a few companies here on reef2reef on when they will get them back in stock. I am thinking of getting them from ReefCleaners, because then I can order a RFA and porcelain crab as well (PetCo didn't have any). Also, my coral place said they are trying to find some, and once they get them to breed they will give me some, but that could take awhile. Thanks for looking out for me!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have not yet. I have contacted a few companies here on reef2reef on when they will get them back in stock. I am thinking of getting them from ReefCleaners, because then I can order a RFA and porcelain crab as well (PetCo didn't have any). Also, my coral place said they are trying to find some, and once they get them to breed they will give me some, but that could take awhile. Thanks for looking out for me!
Sounds good! ReefCleaners is a good site, but you need that minimum spending amount lol. But if you order that RFA and crab you might be good! Maybe some more CUC too! I'll keep my eyes on the lookout too!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple stylophora finally has polyps growing in on the part that was cut! This picture does not show it well at all, lol. The lights are ramping down, and it's really hard to get my phone to focus on it, but trust me, they are there!!!

20240414_202629.jpg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple stylophora finally has polyps growing in on the part that was cut! This picture does not show it well at all, lol. The lights are ramping down, and it's really hard to get my phone to focus on it, but trust me, they are there!!!

20240414_202629.jpg
Hard to see but looks cool! Do you have a lens kit for your phone? They are relatively inexpensive!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back