OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like building a house around a tank. :) Beautiful aquarium. Following...
Popcorn.gif
Yes sir! I am glad I am finally on that club.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180308_170247.jpg
20180308_170247.jpg
20180308_170311.jpg
20180308_170500.jpg
Time for an update. I was really planning on doing a lot more day to day updates but life does tend to get it the way. We will be moving into our new have soon so I can update more regular basis. So I as able to complete the plumbing and do a full system water test and to my surprise I have only 1 little leak. The o-ring on my return check valve was cut causing the leak quick fix. I also installed the RO/DI unit and my water holding tanks should be in next week.

Now I am get ready to aquascape which I think will be the most time consuming (beside watching the tank fill out with corals) because I want it right. I have done several mock ups and have a good idea but when its time for the rubber to meet the road things change.

20180308_170329.jpg

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to mount my aqualife hybrid t5/led fixture before I started scaping not to mention I really wanted to see some lights on this tank. Lol

My youngest daughter wanted to get a little tan.
25917b4f618d57ee508e49271d3a111d.jpg
2cb12be4c03cb7287662ff22cffb7840.jpg

With the sump in the fish room what will the space under the tank be used for?

This is such an awesome build and really look forward to seeing how things progress!

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the sump in the fish room what will the space under the tank be used for?

This is such an awesome build and really look forward to seeing how things progress!
Thanks for saying that I really appreciate it. I will have my 30 gallon RO/DI ATO container and 75 gallon saltwater mixing container going under the aquarium. I have plumbed it so I can drain the tank (through the closed loop bulk head) and refill the tank with new saltwater with the turn of a couple of valves. I also have the receptacle under the aquarium that the mixing pump will be plugged in to on a switch in the fish room so I can turn it off after the tank is refilled.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for saying that I really appreciate it. I will have my 30 gallon RO/DI ATO container and 75 gallon saltwater mixing container going under the aquarium. I have plumbed it so I can drain the tank (through the closed loop bulk head) and refill the tank with new saltwater with the turn of a couple of valves. I also have the receptacle under the aquarium that the mixing pump will be plugged in to on a switch in the fish room so I can turn it off after the tank is refilled.

These kind of simple solutions for water changes make it so easy to do if you can plan your house around your tank haha. Thats one of the easiest ways I've seen to get it all moved out

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kind of simple solutions for water changes make it so easy to do if you can plan your house around your tank haha. Thats one of the easiest ways I've seen to get it all moved out
Yea my wife have been planning this home for 2 years. I have been planning this build for 4 years. Lol

We can try to think of everything but something always gets over looked. I am just glad we have a good community of people (reefer) on R2R and company's like BRS. Y'all have helped me out so much (not just on this build) over the years. Thanks

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea my wife have been planning this home for 2 years. I have been planning this build for 4 years. Lol

We can try to think of everything but something always gets over looked. I am just glad we have a good community of people (reefer) on R2R and company's like BRS. Y'all have helped me out so much (not just on this build) over the years. Thanks

Well considering I'm less than a year into my reefing hobby I could not have done it without BRS TV and this amazing forum. I have learned so much from threads just like this.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 175 73.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.0%
Back