My 300DD

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are taking pictures now of damages. I didn't take any of dead fish or coral. I was too upset and it never entered my mind.
One frustrating thing is that told me I have to keep the tank. And keep it intact until they can look at the seals. I get it. They want to avoid fraud. But I want this beast out of my living room and my fish back. A friend came to our rescue & is holding them for me while I regroup.
I don’t want to dampen enthusiasm any new or current 300 DD tank builds in any way. Just wanted to share if it could prevent any future mishaps. I hope everyone with a current tank or in the midst of a build has a successful thriving tank and wish them the best.

That is tragic, I hope that changes have been made. I do think Marineland should recall. However your insurance will WILL go after Marineland for you and make them pay.

I have started seeing more and more of these so until I can confirm they have made changes im going to hold off ordering.

OP
OP
Armydogracing

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Yes I have seen about 5 threads with people saying this happened.

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that.

Now perhaps you see why I asked that question.

Would help if you said that instead of a vague question like I would know how they were made....

I got mine 2016 all black silicone not sure if that’s different or not.

rigo07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Yes I have seen about 5 threads with people saying this happened.

Would help if you said that instead of a vague question like I would know how they were made....

I got mine 2016 all black silicone not sure if that’s different or not.

U had urs for a year already I’m getting mine next week it should arrive

OP
OP
Armydogracing

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
892DC4AE-2304-4ED9-8236-25346D900D2D.jpeg

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should jump in here. My 300 DD gal Marineland failed Saturday. Feel devasted. Lost several fish. Lost all coral because we spent hours trying to save fish and lessen house damage. Yes it was the seal. A plop sound, I turn around and two torrents streaming out the right and left sides of front bottom seal. Please don't get one. We were very careful with tank etc. But if you go online, there are way too many stories - re: Marineland DD tanks. They should be responsible and recall them.
I don't want to dampen your plans, but look into other options. We also put tremendous time, care and effort in our tank. Would hate to see anyone else go through this.

I am very sorry to hear that. I would also be very devastated. Not just money or livestock, it all the time and Work and the animals that become family that you have lost.

I am sure that your insurance will make Marienland pay for this. Don’t worry they will make sure Marineland pays a healthy share for this. That’s why they insist that you keep the tank to document everything they can for the case. Just know that and I hope it eases some of the pain.

I have decided to hold off for now and do more research. I have heard there have been changes made but I will have to confirm this.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What changes did you see?

Did Marineland cover your tank and loss from the last one?

From the broken tank to the new one the bottom glass seam changes to a larger and clear silicone instead the black one. Also the old one did not have the built by sticker.
The silicone I could literally peel off with no residue on the glass on the broken tank, I guess there was a quality issue as well.

They said the new tank has to be installed on a commercial available stand and no DIY stands or frames to cover warranty on their tank. Also the tank has to be fully supported underneath and no gap should be under the frame, hence fully supported, whatever that means.

I just claimed the tank and they did send me a check of the typical purchase price in the 2,5k range after some clarification email and evidence on pictures and proof of purchase.

They would have sent an insurance guy if I would have tried to claim building damages since that is going to be handled by their insurance. Since the house was empty and had no walls or anything from the flood repairs, I did not claim any building damages since I really had no by that.
However I could have tried to claim loss of fish and corals as an indirect result honestly.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Armydogracing

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the broken tank to the new one the bottom glass seam changes to a larger and clear silicone instead the black one. Also the old one did not have the built by sticker.
The silicone I could literally peel off with no residue on the glass on the broken tank, I guess there was a quality issue as well.

They said the new tank has to be installed on a commercial available stand and no DIY stands or frames to cover warranty on their tank. Also the tank has to be fully supported underneath and no gap should be under the frame, hence fully supported, whatever that means.

Just moved my sand from a portion of the front and looked in the tank with my porthole. It is clear silicone. It’s on their stand was told when I purchased it that they wouldn’t warranty it if it wasn’t.

Pretty sure we are friends on Facebook also lol I have the Skimz 255i (Donny Graves)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back