My clown fish is super aggressive and bites my hand!!!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s beyond cool, they are a beautiful pair. What is your feeding routine? Plenty of live critters I assume?

They get live blackworms and clams almost every day, the rest is something like LRS food. No dry foods at all if you want to keep them spawning.
To let them life forever disease free, never quarantine them, instead keep them immune

SUSIESON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine over the years have been mellow but some aggressive. One guy was so mean he charged me and rammed my arm and flew out of the tank...landed on the floor. [emoji23]. I scooped him up and threw him back in. Took a couple of minutes but then he was back after it. Never could get in the tank without being attacked!

vsnetzinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard all the horror stories but have never owned clowns that would bite me. My current pair lay eggs and I can touch the eggs without them even taking a nip at my hand! They feel the love... :p
I'm so jealous. My clowns were all sweet and friendly until I got a Nem. Now they troll the glass just daring me to reach in to fix a fallen rock or straighten the substrate which my goby (ie bull dozer) has moved to one side of the tank

vsnetzinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine over the years have been mellow but some aggressive. One guy was so mean he charged me and rammed my arm and flew out of the tank...landed on the floor. [emoji23]. I scooped him up and threw him back in. Took a couple of minutes but then he was back after it. Never could get in the tank without being attacked!
OMG!!!! This is the funnest thing I've heard in a long long time. Thank you for the big belly laugh. I needed that

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had clowns that nip, and I always expect it when I put my hand in the tank. The one that scared the crap out of me was the tailspot blenny. I had an eye on my female clown when the blenny came out of the rock and nipped my arm. Didn’t hurt at all, but it made me jump so bad I knocked two frags off the rocks.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst time I had a clownfish bite me was after 2 years of a peaceful clown… she finally went after me whilst I was moving her ricordea rock (usually she let me move it). Scared the hell out of me as I also have a foxface in the tank and my first thought was I was about to have his spines near my hand.

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown, that I’ve had for years and is on her 3rd male partner ( one jumped and one got beat up by my 6 line when the female got sick and was in qt) just recently became aggressive. . It jumped out of the tank a couple weeks ago trying to attack my hand. funny think is she doesn’t bite just rams into me. It’s more annoying than anything else.

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got extremely lucky and my female clown only nibbles at me to ask where the food is. Absolutely no aggression from her, or her mate. Mine seem to be the exception, tho, as many people post here about their clowns drawing blood and I even read one thread a few months back of a clown jumping out of the tank to bite one member in the eye.
Me too, mine come to investigate what I'm doing. Haven't been biten yet... thankfully.

I put them in first so they should of became territorial and aggressive but they are so chill with new introductions. I love it

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back