My first saltwater tank build...65 gallon with sump

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The delay switch wont help if your tank overflow more water than your sump can hold. lol

Not sure if the Apex has a delay setting or not. In my DYI system I code a delay in for my skimmer.
Yes one can program the Apex to delay different equipment. I put in a back flow value for insurance, and my sump actually has a overflow drain if everything else fails.

OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I buy the RO/DI and the controller am I pretty much done for now? I see people talking about dose pumps but not sure what they are for and if I need them yet,

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I buy the RO/DI and the controller am I pretty much done for now? I see people talking about dose pumps but not sure what they are for and if I need them yet,

One your never done lol

Doser are mainly for corals. You don't need an auto doser but they do make it easier. I still hand dose my tank.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will automatically add fresh water to your sump. This is pretty important for the skimmer. You don't want to be fighting with your skimmer setting. One of the variables you'll have to control is water level.

OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have decided against the controller and I have ordered to RODI. Now the important question is, who's going to be here next weekend to lend me a hand? lol!!!!

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Delay switch would be a good investment, as well as ATO. Not sure if RK has that built in it tho.

Def get an ATO (auto top off) When your tank evap water it does not evap salt which then increase your salinity. You can setup a bucket (I use a 5g bucket on my 54g tank) to hold your fresh RO/DI water for your top off. Note the top off water should be RO/DI and have no salt mix into it.

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have room in my cabinet for a bucket so I am researching a decorative replacement to put beside it!
thats my problem. I have a corner tank so the stand is tight. I just put a bucket next to my stand. I also installed my reactors outside my stand.

OP
OP
Ok_cowboy1

Ok_cowboy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def get an ATO (auto top off) When your tank evap water it does not evap salt which then increase your salinity. You can setup a bucket (I use a 5g bucket on my 54g tank) to hold your fresh RO/DI water for your top off. Note the top off water should be RO/DI and have no salt mix into it.
What is a good ATO?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back