Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
six to eight months is how long fish typically live maximum when no disease preps are in place

In our hobby we all struggle to get these tanks ready for fish while preventing disease, there are only a few ways currently accepted that work, read this forum and select the option you want to try:

next round use a clownfish and a goby, mainly starter corals and you can have a better 2nd round

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What does that mean exactly

I think what Brandon is trying to say is leave the tank alone, add coral, feed coral (keep it without fish for 90 days to eradicate Ich if that's what you had). Quarantine your fish next time, treat them with meds before you add them to the tank.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also just an observation, but you are not providing a lot of info, so it's not easy to help and you will get a lot of passive aggressive comments. For example - you were asked for the temp (prolonged high temp could kill fish), and you responded with "I don't run a heater it's hot in Florida".

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of hermits I thought those would take up calcium
If I don’t dose ca goes down a lot like to 320

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish were in there from the beginning. I got a royal gramma but it was aggressive and killed my clown. I got rid of that and got another clownfish a few months ago. I got the tang two weeks ago. Clowns are very small and tang was small too. Everything else is looking good.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clownfish were in there from the beginning. I got a royal gramma but it was aggressive and killed my clown. I got rid of that and got another clownfish a few months ago. I got the tang two weeks ago. Clowns are very small and tang was small too. Everything else is looking good.

Any signs of sickness on the fish? Any white spots? Ich / Velvet could have taken then all out quickly in a new-ish tank.

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small refugium in back with some chaeto

image.jpg image.jpg

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did they have white strings as poop? Where they white or red spots on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back