40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I actually have a bigger tank now that I’m setting up
Second I’m pretty sure that wasn’t ich, white spots were on the fish in the morning, but they went away after an hour. And that was two months ago and in that time I just had the clowns and they were doing great for 2 months.
Third my ammonia is at 0 and I removed the fish from the tank

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second I’m pretty sure that wasn’t ich, white spots were on the fish in the morning, but they went away after an hour. And that was two months ago and in that time I just had the clowns and they were doing great for 2 months.
Post more pics if you can I still reccomend you dose with herbtana if you don't want to use copper

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do
Close up of the tang
Sorry but blue light

6B120EE4-BCFC-4C8C-B865-FF06D4BCE925.jpeg D1861D8A-3899-47CE-8093-8125621DA02D.jpeg

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You seem to be new in the hobby (since July per your post) but have already learnt everything about fish keeping and in no need for our advice. I wish you luck and happy future reefing adventures!!!

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad was in the hobby for years but then he stopped and I picked it up
I started with freshwater a few years ago and went to salt in May

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 2 ml daily to keep it stable at 420ppm
I use a Red Sea test kit

how often were you doing water changes? I’m going through as I read, so if this is already answered, ignore.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not trying to be mean as I said but I am sad that all my fish died

I'm sorry for your loss. Answers as many of these questions as possible and hopefully the great members here can help you figure out what went wrong.

150 Gallon Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being mean in any way but a 40 gallon breeder is nowhere near the size of an upgrade needed for a sailfin. My best guess with the little info I see, tang died from ich or velvet (velvet is a quick fish killer) and polluted the tank overnight. It doesn't take much for crap to hit the fan in a 14

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable, on being upset on your fish.

Constructive criticism from me, next post you do have as much info as you can at the start of it and collect all of your facts. I work in IT and it drives me crazy when I get "hey this is broken" and nothing has been done to identify problems or research done. Not saying you havent done that but when you post next have all of your stats and what you think might be the problem so people have something to go off of. I think the lack of that added to the frustration of people trying to help you.

Best of luck on your next go though!

OP
OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish were fine and eating well and I did my weekly tank cleaning. I scrubbed the rocks and cleaned the glass and did my water change.
My parameters were in check so it might have been oxygen or a disease

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable, on being upset on your fish.

Constructive criticism from me, next post you do have as much info as you can at the start of it and collect all of your facts. I work in IT and it drives me crazy when I get "hey this is broken" and nothing has been done to identify problems or research done. Not saying you havent done that but when you post next have all of your stats and what you think might be the problem so people have something to go off of. I think the lack of that added to the frustration of people trying to help you.

Best of luck on your next go though!
agreed

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your losses. I’m not an expert here but I hope you’ll persist and carry on in this hobby like no other. A 14G nano is too small a size for a beginner. I would not suggest a nano tank to a beginner, but tanks 40G and up. Smaller volumes of water (once they go below a certain number of gallons) have less stable water chemistry. Regardless of the size of that Sailfin Tang, even a small one with its active swimming habits and heavy Herbivore diet will be a lot of bioload. I suggest you look into no more than 3 fish tops for a 14G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 51 41.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back