my new baby... AKA The Café

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience they do grow fast
I’ve had the red one on the left for awhile. Growth slowed after the nem sat on it. New Rockies still better than old.

And how fast are you we talking? I imagine I have 6 months or better before I worry about overcrowding by then I should have the new tank so I should be able to- if needed- give them more space…..

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And how fast are you we talking? I imagine I have 6 months or better before I worry about overcrowding
Time is all relative man. 6 months you should be good.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had the red one on the left for awhile. Growth slowed after the nem sat on it. New Rockies still better than old.

And how fast are you we talking? I imagine I have 6 months or better before I worry about overcrowding by then I should have the new tank so I should be able to- if needed- give them more space…..
In my old reef, 1 polyps per month per polyp. So 2 = 4, 4 = 8. It would literally double each month.

This time around
I cant get 1 polyp per 6 months. But, excluding the dino issues, my sps were taking off like rockets.

Time to change the game i guess

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my old reef, 1 polyps per month per polyp. So 2 = 4, 4 = 8. It would literally double each month.

This time around
I cant get 1 polyp per 6 months. But, excluding the dino issues, my sps were taking off like rockets.

Time to change the game i guess
What was true yesterday isn’t necessarily true today in the reefing world apparently lol

But the way you talk about your blastos is like my nems (obviously not monthly or my tank would be nems only!!!)

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order a spaghetti catcher …. Hopefully I’ll have it by next week for population control
IMG_8732.jpeg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What was true yesterday isn’t necessarily true today in the reefing world apparently lol

But the way you talk about your blastos is like my nems (obviously not monthly or my tank would be nems only!!!)
I was hoping I'd get lucky like all the other nem people and have a tank full of them. They went and plucked off to die somewhere.

Ok. I'm convinced. Tangs and sticks.
And just because...
penguin fetch GIF

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Oh, i left saltwater in 1996, returned in 2006 ruless, left 2017, married husband returned 2019, or 2020 with rules.

Rules suck!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding and experience it depends on the variety/breed of nem. Some just split all the time and never gain any substantial size and some hardly even split but just grow in size. I’ve had both types.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too hot for a fire here tony
YEP... just crap wood, light and skeeter control, was 85 lil while ago... :rolleyes:
now they saying pop up tstorms just after dark ...:rolleyes:we'll see...;):)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back