OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones can definitely work in this tank size, unfortunately a BTA will spread too quickly to fit in this tank size however two species many seem to not know about are the Mini Maxi Carpet Anemones and the Rock Flower Anemones.
Both come in a range of colours and neither really split. Hopefully I can get a photo of my MMC tomorrow during lights on :)

Mandarin’s specifically feed on 1000’s of copepods daily. They aren’t active swimmers however their diet is what is hard to deal with. If you can seed the tank weekly with pods then you’ll likely be more successful long term. You also ideally need a 1 year old tank to sustain this species.
I like rock nems because they’re not mobile and they have some cool colors not sure if clowns will host . The trick is to get mandarins to eat frozen and they will . But We will also be feeding live baby brines . I had a mandarin in my 32 g bio cube a long time ago and he was fine

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so £200 a month to keep a mando lol rather stick to my overpriced torches :D
To each is own but if you buy a mandarin and teach him to feed on frozen food it’s not very hard also they eat brine shrimp and that’s a lot cheaper than pods are

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each is own but if you buy a mandarin and teach him to feed on frozen food it’s not very hard also they eat brine shrimp and that’s a lot cheaper than pods are
I will say, then eating brine is a second diet. They will always keep their original diet and sometimes even revert to that diet.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very rare that they will feed on brine and i have never seen a CB in the uk
Hmm mine did my cousin picked one up and he’s also feeding brines along with live pods and frozen . Both of our fish were wild . But here in the states we have cb mandarins that’s the route we will take this time

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm mine did my cousin picked one up and he’s also feeding brines along with live pods and frozen . Both of our fish were wild . But here in the states we have cb mandarins that’s the route we will take this time
Even a CB mandarin will still have the main diet of pods. You may get away with a CB - Over here, our CB fish are really limited to the Occelaris and Percula clowns.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a CB mandarin will still have the main diet of pods. You may get away with a CB - Over here, our CB fish are really limited to the Occelaris and Percula clowns.
seen a few CB yellow tangs 2022 in the summer i think not sure but seemed to have disappeared now

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back