Votes: 143 39.9%

• Total voters

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that, my thought is that their claim that the tubes will get stagnant is bogus. Fair, fine I'll understand if you were doing 1 a week but one a day should be sufficient to keep the tubes clear and clean... but hey if the user wants that they should be allowed to do it, and the trident should just remind them to clean the lines regularly. We as the user shouldn't be restricted
I am curious to see results / concerns after months of casual use by reefers, rather in Neptunes lab.

It would be nice if you acknowledged when you were corrected, by people who spent their time typing up explanations for you. (As opposed to just moving on to your next concern).

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to see results / concerns after months of casual use by reefers, rather in Neptunes lab.

'Neptune's Lab'? The beta Tridents are mostly in hobbyist homes, including mine. We're not Neptune employees, paid contractors, etc.

The entire point of beta testing is to uncover and address issues so that other hobbyists don't have to.

ClaudioA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I read the review and the thread but I don't understand how the Trident empties the vessel. Can't photograph where the vessel is located? Also is it possible to make a video inside during the test phase (showing the handling) ? Thanks!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I read the review and the thread but I don't understand how the Trident empties the vessel. Can't photograph where the vessel is located? Also is it possible to make a video inside during the test phase (showing the handling) ? Thanks!

It has a 5 feet tube. You can use any container. It’s for waste :)

ClaudioA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for my English, maybe I expressed myself badly. I meant the container (inside the Trident) where the tests are performed, not the waste.

ClaudioA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for my English, maybe I expressed myself badly. I meant the container (inside the Trident) where the tests are performed, not the waste. And an inside video during the testing phase.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Interesting concerns. I’m surprised no has mentioned the abex unit. Coralvue was promoting recently.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Interesting concerns. I’m surprised no has mentioned the abex unit. Coralvue was promoting recently.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some interesting posts. Surprised no one has mentioned the abex not to be confused with apex. Caught some promotional video by coralvue.

Dng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Trident since last Friday. I loved it.
WGnSLyg

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installing one today.. seems to be hung up.. i followed directions.. no calibration for 72 hours.. did not plug in untill directed to. selected container .. 3500 ml and updated to the cloud.. still blue light.. not orange.. waited 10 min.. nothing so i then noticed an update for the trident software and performed that correctly..

it is now on current software.. dash board shows "intializing" above the alk, ca, and mg icons..

but still no orange light .. which according to instructions i need to wait for before i can do the prime... is that correct..

How long does it take to intialize.. ? and for the blue to change to orange?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok.. so now after the update.. the dashboard said prime a, prime b and prime c and prime sample.. just went back to the computer screen and now dashboard on the fusion for the trident icon says "Initializing"

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hey.. it turned orange.. for others doing the install. It does take some time.. half hour maybe longer after when it goes through the initializing. Now I am wondering if I need to wait for it to do its thing over the next few days... or can I ask for a manual test..

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hey.. it turned orange.. for others doing the install. It does take some time.. half hour maybe longer after when it goes through the initializing. Now I am wondering if I need to wait for it to do its thing over the next few days... or can I ask for a manual test..

Yes it took my unit a bit get going but it worked in about a half hour.
I did not have to go through an update though.

Go ahead and run a test manually if you like.
The best practice is to wait a few days before calibration not testing.
I got busy and it was almost 10 days before I calibrated the unit.
Did change my results a little.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for update.. there should be a sticky on this.. who knew...

thanks

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“A Sticky” For what 50 people, lol

Good information. Just Incase I do every get to ride this Unicorn.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my email from BRS stating that my trident was available. (I put my name on the list 10 minutes after it was available on the thread) - I have already made other choices.

U

User1

View Badges
I got my email from BRS stating that my trident was available. (I put my name on the list 10 minutes after it was available on the thread) - I have already made other choices.

Email? I thought they called.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Email? I thought they called.
I thought so too - but I got an email (not a phone call) - The email came from a personal email at BRS - not the usual BRS email.
Hi There –
You signed up on our Trident product page to be notified when we had a Trident available for sale. I’m excited to let you know that we have one available for you! If you would like to purchase it, please give us a call at 763 xxx xxxx. We are here until 7pm this evening. You will need to call by the end of the day tomorrow Friday, August 23rd to claim your Trident.
We hope to hear from you soon!"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back