Need Advice: Installing Radion G6 XR15 on Red Sea Max Nano - Mounting Challenges

jazkiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm currently facing a challenge while trying to install the Radion G6 XR15 onto my Red Sea Max Nano. The mount doesn't seem to fit properly due to the presence of the control board and the skimmer at the back of the tank. Has anyone successfully managed to install this light on the Max Nano, or does anyone have alternative suggestions for mounting it? I've come across 3D printed brackets as a potential solution, but I'm also wondering if using such a bracket would still allow me to have space for the skimmer. Any insights or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it would work for your nano but this was how I mounted two xr15 gen 5 lights on my 75 gal. I made a mounting board and used galvanized pipe and fittings then spray painted it all black.

Attachments

• KIMG2044.JPG
    KIMG2044.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
jazkiz

jazkiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it would work for your nano but this was how I mounted two xr15 gen 5 lights on my 75 gal. I made a mounting board and used galvanized pipe and fittings then spray painted it all black.

This seems adaptable for various tanks! It's quite useful, although I'd prefer not to install anything on the wall.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back