Neptune Apex Fail, Could it be the reagents?

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems quite a few people are getting test fails on the Apex. I had my unit replaced and as soon as I changed out my reagents to ABC, my apex testing failed. I am trying to understand if it could actually be reagents. How could they be different, or even how could the Apex know?

Thoughts?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by changing reagents? Did you use non trident reagents?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used reagents from different sources and I have never been able to correlate testing failures to the reagent.
I have fails occasionally on my trident but I am always able to figure out what causes them. Usually for me it’s a hose coming lose my or a pinched hose.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have used reagents from different sources and I have never been able to correlate testing failures to the reagent.
I have fails occasionally on my trident but I am always able to figure out what causes them. Usually for me it’s a hose coming lose my or a pinched hose.
Yeah, I have opened the drawer and tested to make sure nothing was kinked, and have also done a reset. No luck.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have opened the drawer and tested to make sure nothing was kinked, and have also done a reset. No luck.
I have also had the tubing come off of the “needle” in the bottle, and I have also had to flush my feed and waste lines before.

I normally start by removing the cuvette cover and watching the test happen to see if I notice anything unusual when I get testing failures.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this before., multiple causes

that manifold (white thing in center with tubes) can leak, also use a hypo and see if the tube is clear…
Run test C by itself see what gives

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can access the self troubleshooting guide via Neptunes portal. I would also suggest submitting a ticket. That way should you not resolve it on your end you are in the queue. They can then help you further as you both walk through the issue.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can access the self troubleshooting guide via Neptunes portal. I would also suggest submitting a ticket. That way should you not resolve it on your end you are in the queue. They can then help you further as you both walk through the issue.
This has already been done.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh goodness, ok, so I changed the wording. A lot of people I have spoken with have been getting test failures.
I'm trying to understand if this is correlation without causation. I was hoping you'd qualify it by providing information that this has suddenly became an issue across the board with all ABC reagent users and not just jumping to conclusions based on speculation.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to understand if this is correlation without causation. I was hoping you'd qualify it by providing information that this has suddenly became an issue across the board with all ABC reagent users and not just jumping to conclusions based on speculation.
I've been using ABC reagents since I purchased the trident. I have no failures. I am 1 year in to use.

Anyone who is having regular failures with their Apex that I have actually spoken to are either not using the small filter on the sample line or they cut the hoses shorter which is a big No-No.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No test fails here either, though I still use the Neptune reagents (did the test frequency mod so now the 6 month set will last me a year, hopefully).

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
100% NOT the reagents. Considering ABC is the exact same thing as Neptune just not massively up charged.

If you are having failures go in and “prime” everything. See if that works.

How old is your unit? Has it been serviced? 18-24 months you should do the manual service or send it in. It’s likely bad pinch valves or tubing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back