Neptune Apex PH Log looks Odd

Mike Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to assume that my PH Probe needs to be recalibrated, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen odd reading like this and if there could be another reason for it. It just started all of a sudden earlier in the month.
1668558936071.png

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you dose alk? If so when? I calibrate my probe about once every 3 mos. I usually see this type of graph when I change my C02 scrubber media..

OP
OP
Mike Arnold

Mike Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you dose alk? If so when? I calibrate my probe about once every 3 mos. I usually see this type of graph when I change my C02 scrubber media..
I am dosing TM - All For Reef and recirculating my CO2 scrubber from the skimmer cup. I've been running it that way for awhile and nothing has changed; the probe probably just needs recalibrated; it hasn't been recalibrated in a little over 3 months, but I check it against ph checker every now and again. I guess I should calibrate that one too lol.

Thanks for your input

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing TM - All For Reef and recirculating my CO2 scrubber from the skimmer cup. I've been running it that way for awhile and nothing has changed; the probe probably just needs recalibrated; it hasn't been recalibrated in a little over 3 months, but I check it against ph checker every now and again. I guess I should calibrate that one too lol.

Thanks for your input

I should've mentioned also that sometimes I see the graph like yours when I leave a window open nearby.. it surprising what fresh air and a C02 scrubber can do..

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to the spikes that could be caused by something turning on or off. To make sure that interference is not in the water you can add some tank water to a cup o glass and place the probe in the cup or glass long enough to see if the spikes disappear or not. Also make sure the cable for the pH probe is not routed with any types of power cables.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back