Neptune Solenoid Help

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a Tunze ATO, hooked up to a 10g reservoir with a float valve. It’s a pain to manually turn on the valve to fill up the ATO every week. I would like to manually fill the ATO remotely, via my Apex. I can’t seem to find this product - sold out everywhere. I did find some on eBay though.

Anyway, is this the right approach? What do you guys recommend? I don’t want to hook the ATO straight to the RODI - too risky.

Thanks

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would fill my ATO tank from the rodi unit. You can purchase solenoid/float/optics and create your own circuit with redundancy. And you can add the Apex optic sensor to monitor the tank water level, and If you want redundancy, install the Apex flow meter on the rodi fill line. You can even install two solenoid valves for more redundancy:)

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fill my ATO tank from the rodi unit. You can purchase solenoid/float/optics and create your own circuit with redundancy. And you can add the Apex optic sensor to monitor the tank water level, and If you want redundancy, install the Apex flow meter on the rodi fill line. You can even install two solenoid valves for more redundancy:)
Yes - that’s what I’m trying to do. So what’s the solution? How do people do it?

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Apex fill my ATO by opening a 1/4” solenoid I wired directly to an outlet on my EB8. The solenoid turns on and off based on 2 level switches (hi/low) in the ATO reservoir. For an added layer of protection the RODI water fills via a mechanical float valve. You’ll need to wire up a regular plug to a 120V 1/4” solenoid. There is quite a few on Amazon.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Apex fill my ATO by opening a 1/4” solenoid I wired directly to an outlet on my EB8. The solenoid turns on and off based on 2 level switches (hi/low) in the ATO reservoir. For an added layer of protection the RODI water fills via a mechanical float valve. You’ll need to wire up a regular plug to a 120V 1/4” solenoid. There is quite a few on Amazon.
Exactly - thank you. What electric float file do you use?

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll draw you up a diagram. PM so I don't forget.
Thanks — I know what I want. Just can’t seem to find the 1/4” solenoid. My ATO has a float valve as a fail safe as well.

I’ll just order from eBay for now

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1707766171609.png

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back