OP
OP
shornik

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't pretend to understand most of it, but the QM summary I mostly could. I just thought it was neat to understand what's going on with our ponies. I found it very interesting that their sight is so good, maybe that's why they recognize me so well and that as a result of great eye sight, their sense of smell is so weak. Maybe that's why when I feed them if they aren't paying attention the fish eat most everything.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't pretend to understand most of it, but the QM summary I mostly could. I just thought it was neat to understand what's going on with our ponies. I found it very interesting that their sight is so good, maybe that's why they recognize me so well and that as a result of great eye sight, their sense of smell is so weak. Maybe that's why when I feed them if they aren't paying attention the fish eat most everything.
Yes that is interesting about their keen eye sight but poor sense of smell. It makes sense however since in their natural habitat they usually are in seagrasses and they need to spot pods and little marine crustaceans scurrying about. Since they never eat dead food in the wild they would not need to smell and I doubt the food they eat has much if any odor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back