New Guy to Hobby, can't wait to get going!

Aaron King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R!

I have been wanting to get into this forever and finally I am all about it. I have been researching, checking out a lot of videos such as the BRS 52 week series and various YouTube content but have yet to purchase anything.

This is going to be a long time hobby for me I can tell (like golf...) so I am getting anxious to buy everything but I am enjoying the learning process.

I have a custom tank picked out (24x24x24), protein Skimmer, sump and I am battling with the lighting situation (XR 15 or 30, Kessil's etc.) but once I make my choice I'll be hemorrhaging some money and I'll start a thread with my build.

Any advice is welcome along the way and I look forward to learning from you all of your knowledge in the threads!

Aspec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Kessil as it gives off that MH shimmer. Nothing wrong with the Radion -- had one before I went to a Kessil A360.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for joining.

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've already done the best thing you can by joining the forum. I'm still a novice having set up my first reef tank in December and I would have made soooooo many mistakes without the wonderful people on here. You're in the right place!

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. There is more than enough information and experienced people on here to answer any question. Just remember it doesn't matter how long you have been doing this you will never know it all. So ask anything!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I got my first reef tank last year and it came with Hydra 26HDs. They are amazing lights, but I didn't know how to use them. So if you pick a light that isn't auto spectrum like the Kessil or some others, make sure you get to know someone who understands how to find good settings for the more complex lights.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back