NEW HI774 Phosphate Ultra Low Range Colorimeter – Checker® HC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are pleased to announce our new HI774 Marine Ultra Low Range Phosphate Checker HC®
New and improved marine Checker for low range phosphate determination in seawater.

• Specifically designed for the reef aquarium
• No conversion required, get direct results in parts-per-million phosphate.
• Increased auto-shutoff feature compared to previous models.
• Increased maximum detection limits compared to older models
• Increased starter reagents

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• Increased auto-shutoff feature compared to previous models.

Can you provide more detail on the increased auto-shutoff feature?

Also do you still have to hold down the button to start the 3-minute timer after adding C2?

Will HI-736 (ULR Phosphorous) reagents work with this checker or will new reagents be needed?

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide more detail on the increased auto-shutoff feature?

Also do you still have to hold down the button to start the 3-minute timer after adding C2?

Will HI-736 (ULR Phosphorous) reagents work with this checker or will new reagents be needed?

The HI736 has a shutoff of: after three minutes of non-use and two minutes after reading. The test requires 2 minutes of shaking the reagent leaving 1 minute to pour the powder into the cuvette and start mixing. The new HI774 Checker has an auto off of after 7 minutes of non-use and 2 minutes after reading. This allows for more time in between C1 and C2 to administer the reagent and start shaking.

You still need a timer.

The cannot use the HI736-25 reagents with the HI774

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The HI736 has a shutoff of: after three minutes of non-use and two minutes after reading. The test requires 2 minutes of shaking the reagent leaving 1 minute to pour the powder into the cuvette and start mixing. The new HI774 Checker has an auto off of after 7 minutes of non-use and 2 minutes after reading. This allows for more time in between C1 and C2 to administer the reagent and start shaking.

You still need a timer.

The cannot use the HI736-25 reagents with the HI774

Thanks!

What I meant regarding the timer was whether you had to hold the button down for a few seconds vs just pressing the button to start the timer.

OP
OP
Hanna Instruments

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hanna Instruments Will this be more accurate than the ULR Phosphorus checker? Or the same with the conversion programmed in?
For the most part is has the same accuracy statement. The HI736 ULR Phosphorus Checker has an accuracy statement of ±5 ppb ±5% of reading which equals 0.0153ppm phosphates. The new HI774 has an accuracry statement of ±0.02 ppm ±5% of reading. Since the new Checker has a resolution of 0.01ppm we had to round the accuracy up to be conservative in our representation of the instrument's performance. You can expect the same overall accuracy however.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that function is still the same.

What is the reason for this? I've wasted many reagents because of pressing the button at C2 instead of holding the button. All the other checkers (Ca, Alk, etc.) only require a press of the button at C2 except for phosphate/phosphorous, which requires holding the button down. Why not make it consistent across all your checkers?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back