New Lighting?

BR260354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purchased the Orphek icon to replace radions over my 75 but have yet to swap them out, looking forward to setting it up.
I'm curious on that. About to upgrade from a 2ft cube to a 4ft peninsula. My cube has a XR15 G6. Thinking about going 2 XR30 G6, 2 or 3 Reefi Uno 2.0 Pro, Orphek, ReefBreeders Photon 48 v2. Many, many options.

Orphek's look nice, but I read about some burn outs. Lots complain about Mobius, which has some issues, but I'm familiar. XR30's are a bit pricey. Reefi have lots of potential, just unsure of the UI, but that's minor. Great price! Photon 48 looks nice, but I may have to mount really high above the tank.

Researching and probably OVER researching! :)

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm curious on that. About to upgrade from a 2ft cube to a 4ft peninsula. My cube has a XR15 G6. Thinking about going 2 XR30 G6, 2 or 3 Reefi Uno 2.0 Pro, Orphek, ReefBreeders Photon 48 v2. Many, many options.

Orphek's look nice, but I read about some burn outs. Lots complain about Mobius, which has some issues, but I'm familiar. XR30's are a bit pricey. Reefi have lots of potential, just unsure of the UI, but that's minor. Great price! Photon 48 looks nice, but I may have to mount really high above the tank.

Ive never had burnout and have been running Orpheks over a decade. Occasionally there are loss of diodes

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think it's like everything else, good and bad reviews. the light seems very impressive and it's built like a tank. nothing is without its issues.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank started in Jan. Was using T5s on the old 150g build. Using 2 AI Prime 16HDs on the new 20G WB build

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have 5 xr15 gen 5 blue I was going to run in an aquatic life hybrid fixture.
Decided to go with 2 RB 50's over the 59×30×22 ext 170.
150lbs GLR delivered next week.
I will use 2 xr15's over the ext 50 frag system with 3 spares.
I am lookng forward to what the 50's can do. I can get an even blanket of 300-350 par on the bottom.
Lights are 12" off the surface.
I already know what the Radions can do so it wil be fun to see how well the Breeders perform on an acro dominant system.

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank and running new lights. 4 Illumagic Blaze X minis and two 36” Quanta Meso blue bars. I may add a pixel to each end to add a bit more light on the edges.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
purchased the Orphek icon to replace radions over my 75 but have yet to swap them out, looking forward to setting it up.
Let us know what you think of them. I have used all radions except Gen 6 and am curious how they compare. Looking at Orphek website, the tanks look amazing under them!

fishtex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI prime on my biocube right now. keeps going out and back on. Need a new light. Anyone have a suggestion?? My coral frags seem to really like the AI (had them a week or so now!) but with the issues with the light Im not too keen on getting another AI
When I first got my AI Prime I set it up on the 5G wifi and it went on and off like maybe you describe. I switched to the 2G wifi channel from my router and it has been rock solid since then. Lower mbps channel seemed to do the trick. Should say that the router is in the same room as the tank. Maybe this will work for you. Good luck.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As we approach the end of the first quarter, many spoke at the beginning of the year about changing their lighting as a goal for 2024.

How many have acquired new lighting and what kind/brand did you get?
What do you like and dislike about the new light(s)?
What have these new lights provided for your tank and corals?

I added two Orphek Icon units and a huge difference from the Atlantiks
I have a 6 foot tank and wanted Coral to pop so I added LimiLite Pro strips that are not connected yet .

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if this counts. I upgraded tanks in january and with it I got a light. Does that count? lol
I went with a Reefi uno pro 2.0, I absolutely love it. Tank is 28x28x24" inside dimensions and covers it wall to wall pretty well.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 6 foot tank and wanted Coral to pop so I added LimiLite Pro strips that are not connected yet .
LumiLite pro has conflicting PAR from 500 to 700 but reef Brite makes a good product and will be interesting to see how it meets your expectations

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started off 15 years ago with a 36" AI fixture with 4x T5s and 2x MH. 5 years ago swapped to Hydras. I have 3x 52s and 2x 26s. I ordered a Noospsyche last week but am trying to cancel it as who knows when it will actually ship. I'm going to try out a reefbreeders photon v1. Cheap lighting these days peaks my interest. I may setup a Coral QT and try out one of those Nicrew 150s over a 20l for fun. If I was rich, I'd go Orphek. I honestly don't think brand matters as long as the spectrum spread is even where you need the light and intensity and spectrum are tunable. I'm a geek so can make any interface work even if it's in chinglish.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yea... reefbrites were one of the first available LED available on the market. When they first came out, they were unobtanium. I think I got scalped on ebay and paid $400 for a 36" stick to make my coral pop with the t5s and MH. I was happy at the time. They are built like a tank. I still have it in the garage somewhere.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back