New mandrin

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well after my yellow tang took out my other mandrin that i had i was so sad to see it go..one of my favorite fish that i have kept..i traded away the yellow tang and i have been on the look for a new mandarin..i got one and it was a dud...so i had my eye on this one for sometime and got it...it is a very nice female..and as soon as it hit the water it was on the hunt and has been since...i was glad to see that because the last one just sat around and i am sure it was cynaide caught...this one just looks better but i got my fingers crossed that it will make it..i know i am by no way in the clear but i had the other for a couple years and it was nice and fat..just that tang killed it...i had a target before but got the other kind this time..enough talk here are the pics!!!
in the bag
mandarin.jpg

mandarin1-5.jpg

mandarin2-1.jpg

mandarin3-1.jpg

mandarin4-1.jpg

mandarin5-1.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful Mandarin! I love them, but I have yet to see one pod so far. I promise not one! LOL! :)

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the fish that go me into sw as well then when i got into it i did know what all they need to survive so a couple years ago wehn my tank matured i got a target...it really bummed me out to see that yellow tang take out the poor little guy..but this new female looks really nice..it has been hunting since i got today...the last replacement did not last long at all..she just sat around and when i saw that i knew it was not good...i will post more pics in the next day or two..i need to get back on my zoa hunt though!!!!!!

irishrose302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful....

I have had my male for years now and have been looking half that time for a female. They seemed to be hard to find up until last week. I finally found a nice female and they get along well.....

Good luck with your new gal!

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic up - I love the mandarin's. I hope it works out for you!! Sucks to loose such a cool fish. With the tand gone hopefully this one will be with you for years to come!

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think with the tang out of there it should be good to go..i have a few fairys and flashers and a chalk bass..so nothing that will go after it...i'm going to go back and get a nice linespot flasher that was there as well..been looking to replace the one i lost last year

jeffsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Mandarin looks just like mine,i love mine even though i hardly ever see it.

momof6kids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my mandarin for more than 2 years now and it is one of my favorite fish. Good luck!!

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone i think she will be just fine..she hunts all day and night so good to see her eating..here are a few new pics..hard to get any that are good she is always on the move in and out of the rocks
mandarin-1.jpg

mandarin1-6.jpg

mandarin-2.jpg

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new pic of the little girl..or should i say fat girl..wish i saw this fish more to get more pics but she is always in the rocks..but eating pods all day..i had alot of larger pods that i thought might be eating some of my zoas..i have not seen those since adding this fish
mandarin-3.jpg

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking mandarin. One of my favorite fish. I've had a green bullseye mandarin for just over a year now.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite fish as well.....I had mine for over 6 years till it got a clogged digestive tract...Found it dead one morning after work I was quite sad about it as well. I had many tangs with mine and I never saw any aggession towards it, even the maroon clown I had would leave it alone when it came close to the RBTA.....I would have gotten rid of the Tang as well though...Good luck I am sure she will do fine looks very, very healthy.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful....

I have had my male for years now and have been looking half that time for a female. They seemed to be hard to find up until last week. I finally found a nice female and they get along well.....

Good luck with your new gal!

How do you identify the male vs. the female?

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got a mandarin too this week! I am trying to save it from the LFS, who was starving it death, its stomach is all sunken in, and it doesn't really move much, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will come around. Wish us luck! Your is a beauty though, looks real healthy from the pics.

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope you can save yours..here are two new pics..she does not move away like she use to when i got the cammera so i hope to get more pics soon
mandarin1-7.jpg

mandarin-4.jpg

OP
OP
detguy123

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some new pics of my little girl...she still is doing fine..i saw her eat some mysis the other day..i never tried to get her to eat it but she did...i guess its not a bad snack to have but you can't keep one on just mysis

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

DSCN1685.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back