New member upgrading tank

manny826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I’ve been reading in this forum for just about everything for a while now and finally decided to join and get involved.
My current tank is IM Nuvo fusion 20 peninsula, that’s been running for about 10 months. About 3 months ago i finally started to grow coralline algae and GHA has been non existent. Currently running some seachem phosgaurd and carbon in a mini max reactor and dosing 12.5 a day of all for reef. (No skimmer), wave maker is Nero 3 and lights are hydra 26 HD with luxdium cyan pucks.

My parameters that I regularly test are alk and phosphate and they have been cruising
Around 7 - 8.3 dkh and po4 0.26 - 0.38
My live stock is about 12 frags that include some zoas, hammers, torch, cyphastrea, blasto, acans, monti digi, gsp, and an unknown Sps
For fish I have a damsel, a clown, a purple goby, and a flasher wrasse
Inverts are a couple hermits, tuxedo urchin, 2 Nassarius snails, sand shifting starfish and horseshoe crab that haven’t seen in months

Now to the plans
I just ordered a new icecap 38g cube. The dimensions are 24 x 24 x 16H , I guess it’s like a cube lagoon style. Icecaps aquariums are fairly new so i can’t find any info on them, not even their website has pictures just drawings. I wanna transfer all life and equipment from Nuvo to the new one. Figured it would be easier to find a stand and a place for this tank compared to the Nuvo, I was thinking about ikea base cabinets that are 24 x 24, I would love to hear you guys suggestions on stands ( at a fair price) and any other recommendations

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I’ve been reading in this forum for just about everything for a while now and finally decided to join and get involved.
My current tank is IM Nuvo fusion 20 peninsula, that’s been running for about 10 months. About 3 months ago i finally started to grow coralline algae and GHA has been non existent. Currently running some seachem phosgaurd and carbon in a mini max reactor and dosing 12.5 a day of all for reef. (No skimmer), wave maker is Nero 3 and lights are hydra 26 HD with luxdium cyan pucks.

My parameters that I regularly test are alk and phosphate and they have been cruising
Around 7 - 8.3 dkh and po4 0.26 - 0.38
My live stock is about 12 frags that include some zoas, hammers, torch, cyphastrea, blasto, acans, monti digi, gsp, and an unknown Sps
For fish I have a damsel, a clown, a purple goby, and a flasher wrasse
Inverts are a couple hermits, tuxedo urchin, 2 Nassarius snails, sand shifting starfish and horseshoe crab that haven’t seen in months

Now to the plans
I just ordered a new icecap 38g cube. The dimensions are 24 x 24 x 16H , I guess it’s like a cube lagoon style. Icecaps aquariums are fairly new so i can’t find any info on them, not even their website has pictures just drawings. I wanna transfer all life and equipment from Nuvo to the new one. Figured it would be easier to find a stand and a place for this tank compared to the Nuvo, I was thinking about ikea base cabinets that are 24 x 24, I would love to hear you guys suggestions on stands ( at a fair price) and any other recommendations
Welcome to R2R!

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello & Welcome, so glad you joined
IMG_8890.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to the plans
If you do decide to use Ikea base cabinets just make sure you reinforce the joints. We have a few their cabinets in our house and have found that some are starting to come apart at the joints. Most of the wood that they use for construction is soft pine and does not do well in the long term for heavy projects.

Last edited:
OP
OP
manny826

manny826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do decide to use Ikea base cabinets just make sure you reinforce the joints. We have a few their cabinets in our house and have found that some are starting to come apart at the joints. Most of the wood that they use for construction is soft pine and does not do well in the long term for heavy projects.
That what I’m worried about. I saw someone use one for a 25 gallon lagoon on here. I thought it would be easier to find a stand for this new tank but I was wrong 24 inches deep is hard to find.

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That what I’m worried about. I saw someone use one for a 25 gallon lagoon on here. I thought it would be easier to find a stand for this new tank but I was wrong 24 inches deep is hard to find.
If you have the tools/ skills I would say you might be better off making the cabinet yourself. If you do not, but want to go that route, you could also seek out an apprentice carpenter that might be willing to do it as side project.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back