0   0   0
Also, wonder how is this skimmer compare to Eshopps Nano skimmer

Nemjamin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if this will fit in a max nano?

It looks like a bargain. I'm running the stock max nano ato in the 3rd chamber so I would have to dodge the power supply box in the 2nd chamber. It's quite tight. Looking at the dimensions the skimmer should fit in, but I wonder if the power box will get in the way of the clip.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Is this the air venturi? I want to connect my Co2 scrubber . Can this flare be taken out and replaced with a barb?

1666290366301.png

BrotatoSalad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the air venturi? I want to connect my Co2 scrubber . Can this flare be taken out and replaced with a barb?

1666290366301.png
That’s to run a tube from the collection cup to use something else for skimmate. There’s a wheel on the other side that controls the gate valve. No air control. I don’t own one but my neighbor does and it’s a good little skimmer. Dead silent too.

OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to tear this thing apart? If you take the motor out at the bottom it is still very hard to clean this thing.

Markcw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today from watermarque cost £38.99 bargain i want to add a skimmer that will not strip everthing out but improve and reduce water toxicicty.
Switched it on today at 1 oclock and already its pulling out gunk.
Brilliant skimmer and i think people will mod these to become very effecient. My tank is 175 ltrs but i have alot of rock so will be interesting how it performs.
Highly recommended so far

Attachments

• 20230116_191245.jpg
    20230116_191245.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20230116_141223.jpg
    20230116_141223.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to tear this thing apart? If you take the motor out at the bottom it is still very hard to clean this thing.
To answer my own question; when you remove the cup you can pull the internal column out from that side.

FindrOutr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this skimmer for over a month now and to be honest it works really great and is quite BUT it puts out way to many micro bubbles into the tank no matter where I put it. I've even tried to use filter floss to block the input section on my tank where the skimmer sits (and it is not interfering with the skimmer in any means) and it doesn't even catch bubbles. If anyone knows a way to stop this and or if it's just a defect?

Nemjamin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this skimmer for over a month now and to be honest it works really great and is quite BUT it puts out way to many micro bubbles into the tank no matter where I put it. I've even tried to use filter floss to block the input section on my tank where the skimmer sits (and it is not interfering with the skimmer in any means) and it doesn't even catch bubbles. If anyone knows a way to stop this and or if it's just a defect?
I have two of these skimmers running on my two tanks. The first one produces no micro bubbles anymore and has been running for two months. The second one has been running for a month and still producing some micro bubbles. I think they need to just break in. Set it, forget it, and wait for the bubble to go away between your first and second month.

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone knows a way to stop this and or if it's just a defect?
Mine stopped bubbling outside of it after a long running-in period, and some height adjustments.

It started doing it again the first time I gave it a thorough clean.

FindrOutr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of these skimmers running on my two tanks. The first one produces no micro bubbles anymore and has been running for two months. The second one has been running for a month and still producing some micro bubbles. I think they need to just break in. Set it, forget it, and wait for the bubble to go away between your first and second month.
Ok I'll give it another month to see

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back